Mumbai High Court Orders Demolition of 279 illegal police Chowkys.

High Court orders demolition of 279 illegal Police Chowkys in Mumbai

After PLEAD filed a writ petition, for action against Mumbai Police, the High Court on 24th October 2007, passed the order of demolition against 279 police chowkies in Mumbai.

The High court also has asked for status report for full Maharashtra and list of Chowkys where power has been pilfered plus list of Police officers who were in charge of these police chowkys.

Pilfering power is a non bailable offence... All police officers having been incharge of these chowkys over the years are liable of the offence.

Read Report in Mumbai Mirror:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Read report in Times Of India:
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi i am a CSE student. i have completed core java, i am not able to graps a vast knowledge on JDBC connection. so kindly give some notes, tips &...
hi..i want to know about torrents...what are these..... how to download them...and every possible infomation possible.. actually i visite da website mininova.org..i was trying to download some torrent ..but whenever...
dear friends i m new member looking for ur fast help i need information about the reaction of chlorine and methane in wastewater treatment
hi everyone... i hv recntly joined d gang of "d crazy engg". wl,can anybody of u can help me wth sum easiest code for the following conversions in STACK. 1....
Which is the good book for electrical science and engineering chemistry for b tech 1st and 2nd semester