MS in core field with work exp. in IT industry

Hello
I have recently pursued my engg. in the feild of electronics and telecomm. I want to apply for MS in my core field. If I have a job experience of 2 years(min) in the field of IT, can i further pursue my MS in my core field(electronics and telecomm). Also, whether my work experience help in my admission to any better college?

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# You can apply for MS in Electronics and Telecom for sure. At the time of admission, they will see your background and work experience is definitely a plus. 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, you can. I'm not entirely sure whether your work experience will count; but only when you've fulfilled other criteria of the college you are applying to. From what people have posted, it looks like what matters the most is your GRE, TOEFL score and your overall academic performance. The college authorities are likely to treat your work-ex as a 'plus', but it may not carry lot of weight because your work experience is different from your engineering discipline.

The best approach would be to write to the admissions coordinator of the college you wish to apply to and seek guidance from them.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

many say this puzzle was indeed created by the "Curious" Einstein..! I do not know to what extent this is true...but this is so exciting..! A note which came along...
Can any of my dear colleagues share CPWD Analysis of Rates-2012 Vol 1 and 2 ?
I'm an automobile engineering student and wondering what is the basic different between axles shaft?
Two of the world's largest smartphones and tablet maker companies are scheduled to go for a JURY TRIAL on July 30th before US district Judy Jucy koh. iPhone / iPad...
Can i make a game, not necessarily of high graphics , but in pure C language. if yes, how?please guide me. 😒 or 👍 should i make it in C++....