APPLE vs SAMSUNG battle is picking up the pace !

Two of the world's largest smartphones and tablet maker companies are scheduled to go for a JURY TRIAL on July 30th before US district Judy Jucy koh.

iPhone / iPad maker (Apple Inc.) are claiming that, they are entitled to $2.525 billion of damages against Samsung Electronics for the breach of patents for technology used in smartphones and tablets.

On the other hand, Samsung counter attacked Apple's allegations and filed a case that Apple should pay for the use of Samsung's patented technology. Per Samsung, "without using Samsung's patented technology, it was not possible for Apple to become a successful participant in the mobile telecommunications industry."

Sigh !
I am not sure where this Apple VS Samsung is going and how badly its gonna impact overall telecommunication business and their consumers?

-Cb

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From what I've followed - Apple seems to have an edge. But I don't like Apple banning Samsung sales. I've also wondered why do people fight for patents. Let the innovation help mankind.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    It is the money that's igniting the thoughts of fight.
    Per Apple, they have invested very heavily on each and every patent; so if anyone should be benefited with the fruits of that, it should be Apple !

Also, as per my understanding Patent of somebody can be used by some one else only after taking permission, paying to that patent owner.

-CB
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The other day I was having a discussion with a Microsoft-FanBoy about Windows Vs. iOS. And the outcome of the talk was nothing but the facts about which are the best features of each OS.
    When it is a big corporation - profits and dominance over the market HAS to be there. This is how it works. But, aren't we killing innovation in the process? These fights over patents can go on forever. Companies will keep suing each other. But apparently, fanboys don't understand this. If you love a brand, does it mean you will go to any extremes to support it and forget that when we criticize the other company, we might be over-shadowing some of the best features it has to offer?

PS: Sorry, about the rant. Just felt like typing something about the madness thats engulfing the tech industry.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can i make a game, not necessarily of high graphics , but in pure C language. if yes, how?please guide me. 😒 or 👍 should i make it in C++....
I am BS(CS) Hons student & new to this community. I need guidance to solve initial problems in my final project.I've few months to finalize it.I wish to meet sincere...
Hello friends .. I'm a fresh graduate from W.B.U.T. I'm in Electronics and Instrumentation Dept. I want to pursue my career in PLC ... I have done training on PLC...
i am on 3rd year ece. i want to do a project on vhdl or verilog language. need ideas and topics on it. thankyou.
It looks like the Indian market is getting ready for the compact AIO aka all-in-one desktop computers. The biggest advantages of AIOs is that they save a great amount of...