Mplab!!!! Help!!!!

hi there peeps

I need some help urgently....i am trying to program a pic16F877 using MPLAB v5.70.40. I have an ICD1? how do i go about doing this....i have the c-code done, i have complied and build the project with mo errors...whats the next step?

help please.....confused😔

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hm, I've never used an ICD before. Im not too familiar with MPLAB too cause I've used another compiler.. though I believe MPLAB is a kick ass program anyway. Does the ICD have an ICSP function to flash the PIC? If you have sucessfully compiled the c code, you should be able to find it's HEX file. All you need to do is download (or is it upload?) this into you PIC. Try looking through the manual of MPLAB v5.40 to see the instructions, since only this version is compatible with the ICD1, right?
  • preeste
    preeste
    hey....sory for the delay...yeah thats right...mplab v5 is the only one that supports the icd1. i could find the hex file, the problem though is once its downloaded you cannot actually hit the run button...it was all really weird...going to leave it for a while though....really busy at work.

Ash i need to thank you once again for all your help....it really was priceless and i cant ever tell you how helpful it was.

this site rocks!!!!!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    No problemo.. glad to help! Well, usually once you download the HEX, the code will run immediately. It was quite a revelation to me when we tested our motors.. the robot almost drove off the table, tangling the serial cable attached to it, haha.
  • preeste
    preeste
    that must have been a great feeling....well tons better than just gawking at your motor hopin it would move if you stared hard enough! .....anyways later

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just joined today so here is some information about myself Name: Abhilash Hota Trade: Electronics & Communication Location: Bhopal, India Occupation: Student( B.E. Fifth Semester university exams going on)...
Hello CEans, This is some information about me as a new CEan.. Name: Jack Robinson Engineering Trade: none as i am a CA from knowyourmoney.co.uk Location: UK. Occupation: Student Hobbies...
how can I access parallel port no using dll.And I can't use ddk for driver development(our instructor says). platform:windows xp language:cpp or c Ide:visual studio I lost my way in...
Hi freinds i have 250GB sata hdisk.. i partitioned it with fat32... today i installed partition magic pro software..and checking it's functionality.. it ask me to restart..after restart my pc...
For many reasons, I want to switch my computer to linux. I saw there are different types, which one would you recommend me? I 'm interested on a version on...