Motor Malfunction Alert Circuit

I've been wanting to construct a ball mill for some time. I have the design for, the materials for it, its set to go. just for the books, i'd like to know how to make a circuit that would indicate the motor malfunctioning or not being connected properly. Are there any differences in design in said circuit between Single-Phase Motors and Three-Phase Motors?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Special Features
    I've been wanting to construct a ball mill for some time. I have the design for, the materials for it, its set to go. just for the books, i'd like to know how to make a circuit that would indicate the motor malfunctioning or not being connected properly. Are there any differences in design in said circuit between Single-Phase Motors and Three-Phase Motors?
    There is different Turn ON and Turn OFF mechanism for Single-Phase and Three-Phase motor so you have to choose proper circuit to drive motor.
    Right now which motor you are using? Can you share the circuit diagram that you have right now?
  • Special Features
    Special Features
    It's a salvaged single-phase exaust motor. I just drew the diagram using paint. Like just a few seconds ago half assed it. I don't have a scaner so bare with me. It is just awful.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Here I found one circuit for Single Phase Starter :- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Special Features
    Special Features
    godfather
    Here I found one circuit for Single Phase Starter :- #-Link-Snipped-#
    Thanks for the site, mate. Now I need to get a more in depth understanding of diodes. But still, How could I set it up so that a light would blink on and off? Is that possible without a bad or improperly connected wire conducting power to the motor's body to ground?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are incorporating a company in the US (and you can do so from anywhere in the world, without being physically present in the US) you will probably need...
why are we not using starters for small bulbs while we use it for tube lights???im intersted in knowing basics of electrical engg....
can a 3rd yr student apply as if he is a final year and write GATE to gain experience????
what is the eligibilty for doing summer fellowship in iit-m for 3rs yrs????
my self ashwini........i loved to become an engineer.....nw i am ..........i wanna share ideas so i hv choosen crazy engineers.com