monitoring and controlling of food storage depots using WSN

Project Abstract / Summary : Wireless sensor networks have a strong impact all over the world over wired networks due to the development of new technologies. They have wide range of applications. Here our objective is to is to assure maximum quality and minimum spoilage of stored food by maintaining necessary environmental conditions. An image processing system is annexed to find the type of food automatically without human interruption. Automated aeration control is also available for maintaining suitable temperature. It has been estimated that India being having villages and agriculture as a backbone of it's national income wastes nearly 25 % of total food production. This is an enthusiastic attempt made by an young engineer to reduce food wastage by encorporating our engineering ideas.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : To reduce food wastage and make it available to our poor farmers with the engineering I have learnt.This ensures the reduction of mal nutrition level through out our country. This also allows more export of food quantity and increases our national income.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: velammal institute of technology
City: chennai
State: Tamil Nadu
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Electronics giant Samsung has launched its flagship smart phone, the Galaxy Note 5, which is the latest offering from the Galaxy Note family in India. Priced at around Rs. 51,000...
BlackBerry’s first Android smartphone - 'Blackberry Priv' is all set to be launched in India. The launch will happen on January 28th, and BlackBerry is determined to reclaim its share...
Facebook-owned mobile messaging service, WhatsApp is now completely free for all users. In a blog post on the company website, WhatsApp founder Jan Koum announced that the company will be...
Project Abstract / Summary : Four wheeler are comfortable, safe, stable and spacious vehicles but has less fuel economy, more exhaust emissions, costly, difficult to maneuver in traffic and need...
I am a newbie and what i feel is to be shared so that we can interact with crazy engineering. As according to me technology should be in your finger...