BlackBerry Priv To Be Launched In India On January 28

BlackBerry’s first Android smartphone - 'Blackberry Priv' is all set to be launched in India. The launch will happen on January 28th, and BlackBerry is determined to reclaim its share of the Indian phone market. The Priv runs on the Anroid 5.1.1 Lollipop OS, a welcome change over BlackBerry’s own OS. The phone sports a 5.4 inch quad-HD screen with a mouth-watering 540ppi pixel density, and is also equipped with a fully functional QWERTY keyboard, which has come to be something of a trademark in BlackBerry phones.

blackberry-priv

The phone has a 3GB RAM and is run by a Snapdragon 808 hexa-core processor, with an Adreno 418 GPU. This combination ensures that the phone is powerful enough to run multiple apps and graphic-hungry games with little or no lag. Powering all this is a 3410 mAh battery, which would be more than adequate to see the phone through the day.

The Priv boasts an 18 MP primary camera with 4K video recording, but the front-facing camera is a 2 MP one; this would not do anything to increase its popularity with the selfie-obsessed crowd in India. The Priv has a 32GB built-in storage expandable up to a whopping 2 TB, which ensures plenty of space for the pictures shot with its front-facer.

Its other features include 4G connectivity, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, and an array of sensors, all found on any normal smartphone. BlackBerry doesn’t hold any surprises for us there.

Aesthetically, the phone is wonderful. It is a pleasure to look at, and weighing in at a 192 grams, isn’t hard to handle either. The physical keyboard gives it a sophisticated, business-like look; i.e. it looks exactly like a BlackBerry should.

The phone is to be priced at around Rs. 50,000. This can seem as a bit much, but honestly, we never expect BlackBerry phones to be light on your pocket anyway.

The Priv is not a bad phone at all, which means BlackBerry has learned that flooding the market with impractical phones is not the answer to its dwindling sales. This means we can probably look forward to more wonderful smartphones from BlackBerry in the future. Only time will tell if BlackBerry will be as popular again in India as it once was.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Divyaprakash KC
    Divyaprakash KC
    Mmm..Ahem.. It is all well and good, unfortunately not for me. Already moved over to other fruit ( though it is very high hanging). Already did the berry journey through three generations of BlackBerry's and puns. However the moment I heard that BlackBerry going droid, I jumped the ship.

Anyway, all the best and let us hope that rumoured "BlackBerry could launch a second Android phone next year - GSMArena.com news" would catch up with ultra prize sensitive Indian market.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Facebook-owned mobile messaging service, WhatsApp is now completely free for all users. In a blog post on the company website, WhatsApp founder Jan Koum announced that the company will be...
Project Abstract / Summary : Four wheeler are comfortable, safe, stable and spacious vehicles but has less fuel economy, more exhaust emissions, costly, difficult to maneuver in traffic and need...
I am a newbie and what i feel is to be shared so that we can interact with crazy engineering. As according to me technology should be in your finger...
Dear Friends, One of the leading IT company in Chennai is looking for Java and Dot net professionals (Female Candidate) with 1+ yrs of experience. Please find the details below....
IES Engineering Services Exam sample papers for download for engineering students. Objective Papers and General Ability Test.