Mobile tower consumption

Hi all , Im new to this forum so a little bit of introduction :
I am Gaurav a electronics and telecomm engineer , currently doing my internship from IIEC a US based company dealing in energy conservation . Currently we are working out a mechanism to reduce consumption due to cell phone towers. Does anyone have data related to the various components in a mobile tower and the power rating of the components ? Also about the cooling equipments. I have to identify the areas where we can cut down on power consumption
Thanks

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    I don't think there is much transmitter power limitation as long as the transmitted signals from from cell don't end interfering with the signals from the adj. cell. Receiver devices are more power limited.
    The power rating depends on manufacturer as well as processing rate, the type of transmitting schemes, modulation and capacity limits right?

For example, CDMA technology has a limitation of power level being used as a requirement of the scheme itself, where as other technologies like OFDMA else, dont need it.

How are you planning to optimise the power being utilised?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all , I have hit a roadblock in my internship project. We are distributing 1 lakh CFLs to residential areas and are expected to measure the acutal usage of...
How do we make one-to-one links between 2 breeds in Netlogo 4.1 . Say i have a breed A and another breed B. I need one link running from every...
Hello friends... I have one doubt my deploying section... Anybody knew about to create setup file(.exe) for a java project.... Please...
Received following mail from ThoughWorks - We are delighted to invite you to an interactive webinar on 'Open Business Intelligence'. Business Intelligence (BI) is one of the most abused terms...
THE JOB LOCATION IS PUNE. CANDIDATES BASED OUT AT PUNE AND WILLING TO RELOCATE TO PUNE NEED ONLY APPLY Exp.: 3-7 yrs. Job Description: •Experience in Telecom Domain Including Automation...