Mobile Number Portability Likely To Be Delayed Until January 2011

Even after official confirmation from TRAI minister A Raja, the MNP has not seen a ray of hope in India.

In a recent meeting between the GSM operators and the government, GSM operators demanded that the MNP should not be implemented until the first week of Jaunary 2011, because during the period November - January (first week) the operators operate at peak loads because of the festival season. It could result into poor experience by the experience with the Mobile Number Portability.

The CDMA operators and newest GSM operators are very much ready for the MNP. They are technically capable and do not want to wait until January 11.

The earlier news was that the MNP will finally go live in India on November 25. But I'm very sure, it's not going live on November 25, in any case.

What's your opinion about this news?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Topic: Tool design(Mechanical Engineering) Manufactuing Processes: Introduction: Manufacturing involves turning raw material to finished products, to be used for various purposes. There are a large number of processes available. These...
Sand Casting Processes For Case(A): Bottom board is placed either boundary moulding from or on the floor making the surface even. The drag moulding flask is kept upside down on...
Hello Folks. I am Sachin, pursuing Mechanical Engineering, 3rd year. Stumbled upon this forum while searching for project ideas.I am really amazed at the wealth of info available here,hence decided...
Google has launched a new program for the people who can discover security vulnerabilities in Google's Websites or Online Applications. It will pay something between $500 and $3,133 to such...
hello frnds,actually i m doing my final year project on optical character recognizer using MATLAB.....i have started my implementation....but don't know hw to start the training an testing of characters....could...