Mobile Boarding Passes For Airlines In India

There's a news that Indian Airlines all public and private will allow boarding passes based on text messages from the airline companies. Do you welcome this move or think it would pose security issues? Share your opinion below.

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I don't know how it's going to be implemented, but I think security issues are bound to come up in this scheme.

But I think a large portion of the risk can be mitigated if we use the right cryptographic tools.
    For example, instead of just sending a person's name and the flight number or whatever other details that are required,
    the airlines can also include some sort of a hash or a code in the sms.

At the time of boarding the flight, some device can be used to verify if the hash or the code in the sms is correct or not.

Anyway, I sure hope the people who implement this would surely have taken into consideration the security aspects of this as well.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Silverscorpion is no doubt one of the most awesomest 😀 contributors of CrazyEngineers. Silverscorpion celebrates his 23rd birthday today and I take this opportunity to wish him many happy returns...
Google Analytics is a free service that tracks websites traffic and provides detailed reports. The only 'problem' (in my opinion) with Google Analytics is that it is not 'real-time'. Users...
Write a program using C++ as the programming language to implement the various line encoding scheme as listed in Table 4.1, pages 114-115, Forouzan's Data Communication and Networking except the...
Facebook is rolling out a new feature to find out how the pages are performing. The new feature is likely to be called 'People Talking About' and will display below...
I recently saw on TV (show called Gadget Guru) that said Windows Mobile Operating System, Mango is going to change the way we interact with our mobile phones and the...