Mobile Assembly Robot

I need some helps and some suggestion regarding to this task. The objective of the task are:

1. To design and build an autonomous mobile robot that will collect one
peg from a box at a time. (The box is to have a random combination of
circular pegs, rectangular pegs and star shape pegs).

2. This pegs will then be place out from the box one at a time and placed
into their respective holes.

3. There should be no room for error, thus this system requires robust
error recovery.

Questions:
1. How to detect the peg shape?
2. What sensor is the best for the detection?
3. How much will this task cost? (estimation)

Any suggestions regarding the task are welcome.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    So my first question!

You want to instruct the robot to pick one shape of peg correct?

When you instruct what is the mode of instruction?

If it is through computer then you can scan the shape of the image using laser sensors and you should have already declared those shapes as rectangle , circle etc!!

Such that on instructing it would scan and do it!

I guess you would need a micro - controller and a computer for this task!
  • wl1339
    wl1339
    @#-Link-Snipped-#

Yup... the robot need to pick up a peg from box and recognize what shape is it. But I'm totally no idea on how to recognize shape. If the computer can make the recognition, what method should i used? How to implement of laser sensor and computer for recognition? Or can introduce any tutorial page regarding to this?? This is my FYP title.

Thanks ya....

Best regards.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here's a point of view which is worth considering if you are considering foray into the world of Entrepreneurship. Think about it. As an employee, your agenda is set by...
hi , i need serious help in robotics.I actually decided to make simple line following robot with the help of the basic photodiodes and ir lights.<>. actually i...
I want to make money through adsense.. give some suggestions for me,, I dont want to spend money in starting a site by my own, Is it possible to use...
l see a lot of people use blogs, I heard it is an online diary, but do people use it like that??? what is the real purpose for creating a...
Hello, I'm a senior in EE and it's time for the semester project, after our chairman shot down most everyone's project ideas multiple times, I believe I got an 'ok'...