Mobile Application to Search Lost Items

I was discussing with a Senior in College (2 weeks back) about her new project ideas, when we talked about something that would be useful to search small items like say car keys.

And today I stumbled across one such project.

Two second-year students from engineering design department of IIT, Madras have come up with an idea to locate misplaced objects using bluetooth technology and mobile phone.

The item to be located is tagged, each of which has unique code. The code will be embedded in a barcode sticker or a chip-like object. This will then be pasted on items that you want to tag.

The students have written a code for a mobile application.
When you need to locate the object, all you have to do is specify which object you are looking for and the application searches for the unique code of the object and connects with the Bluetooth module, which would then beep and glow to reveal its location.

PS: Other similar products like the 'keyfinder' are available in the US, but they all need a remote, which tracks down the object using a particular radio frequency.

What do you think about this idea?

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Awesome idea 😀

Do we have this application?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, It has been suggested multiple times that we should have a drop-down list of engineering trades for selection during the registration. I think it's a very good suggestion....
This idea might be very effective in Indian context where it's easier for old people to get lost or forget their way to home. What I propose is, a small...
Hello everyone! i am aami,.. I am new to the forum. welcome to all here.,,, I know that forums are a good place to learn and interact with other people...
Is there any way to back up the data after logical crashing of HDD..
difference b/w orifice plate & elbow taps for flow control and measurement