Mind is the reason for all things

A little girl had been shopping with her Mum in Woolies. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout. We all stood there, under the awning, just inside the door of the Woolies.
We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day.
I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing, so carefree as a child came pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.
Her little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in, Mum lets run through the rain, she said.
What? Mum asked. Lets run through the rain! She repeated.
No, darling, we will wait until it slows down a bit, Mum replied.
This young child waited a minute and repeated: Mum, lets run through the rain.
We will get soaked if we do, Mum said.
No, we wont, Mum. That's not what you said this morning,the young girl said as she tugged at her Mum's arm. "This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?"
Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, "If God can get us through this, He can get us through anything!"
The entire crowd were completely silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one left. Mum paused and thought for a moment about what she would say.
Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.
Darling, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just need washing, Mum said.
Then off they ran.
We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles.
They were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars.
And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing. Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health.
But no one can ever take away your precious memories...So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday.
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven. I HOPE YOU STILL
TAKE THE TIME TO RUN THROUGH THE RAIN.

Replies

• rahul69
    rahul69
    Sometimes simple events have life changing consequences, there is a need to slow down from our busy life and observe, and the surroundings may teach us the way to happiness for which we are running all Day Night.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    True #-Link-Snipped-# This an Engineers fails to do most often in our lives and often we need a little kid to show us some true point over a period of time
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I try to be in tune with nature as it is at the moment. I specially like rain and get wet often. I do not modify the environment and avoid AC and even fans normally.
    I do put on lights though, if it gets too dark.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I read the title first and wanted to reply without reading the posts. Then I read the entire thread and not sure what exactly to type. 😀
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The_Big_K
    I read the title first and wanted to reply without reading the posts. Then I read the entire thread and not sure what exactly to type. 😀
    Mostly the emotions of one hinder their reply awaiting yours Biggie and do comment
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nothing to do with the emotions. I actually failed to connect the title of the post with the content. That's why I still don't know what to reply. 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Lost too many close people to the 'C' word in this year. Just switched off on that part.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, Can anyone tell me the difference between briefcase and the folder in terms of their pros and cons. The parameters that I would like to focus are the effectiveness...
I want to pursue MS. I have one backlog but due to personal problem didn't attended it for second attempt. Repetition of subject thrice; is it considered as three backlogs...
,sirs and madams, im on my topic proposal for my final year, my idea is a line following robot used in hospitals for delivering supplies per room, like food, medicines...
Is it one's talent or his/her attitude that makes them successful? That's the topic of the talk I'm going to attend in a short while. I thought of starting this...
I'm curious to know - what really would make people choose the uncertainty of the startups over the glamour of the IT industry; especially in country like India? What I...