LINE FOLLOWER HELP!!!

,sirs and madams, im on my topic proposal for my final year, my idea is a line following robot used in hospitals for delivering supplies per room, like food, medicines and the like, but i dont know whats the perfect thing to do to make the robot stop and place the supplies, then go after placing, suggestions?? thankyou!

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    If there's still time for you, please reconsider your thought as line follower isn't good even as a mini project in final year.

But if you don't have choices, follow up with this article. #-Link-Snipped-#

This one utilizes the PID control for detection and correction of error, which is one of the latest trends in line following robots. I've made the same thing with few modification when I was in second year and it worked really great. It features "on the fly" setting up of PID values making the robot robust for any environment with just few trial and errors.
  • marikit
    marikit
    [Prototype]
    If there's still time for you, please reconsider your thought as line follower isn't good even as a mini project in final year.

This one utilizes the PID control for detection and correction of error, which is one of the latest trends in line following robots. I've made the same thing with few modification when I was in second year and it worked really great. It features "on the fly" setting up of PID values making the robot robust for any environment with just few trial and errors.
    ,i just realized it's not good for a thesis,you're right sir, what about sir if i prefer a gsm controlled robot??
    i really wonder what's the perfect project, thankyou very much for your reply, indeed a great help 😀
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    marikit
    ,i just realized it's not good for a thesis,you're right sir, what about sir if i prefer a gsm controlled robot??
    i really wonder what's the perfect project, thankyou very much for your reply, indeed a great help 😀
    Well, it really depends. Even the GSM controlled robot is not up to the mark for a final year project. Nothing innovative, neither extremely useful.

A final year project must be something which solves some kind of practical problem you see around. Just inspect your own surrounding and you'll find in-numerous things which you would or would've wished could be better some other way.
  • marikit
    marikit
    [Prototype]
    Well, it really depends. Even the GSM controlled robot is not up to the mark for a final year project. Nothing innovative, neither extremely useful.

A final year project must be something which solves some kind of practical problem you see around. Just inspect your own surrounding and you'll find in-numerous things which you would or would've wished could be better some other way.
    ,ow i see, my professor doesn't want anything related with foods or whatever such as peelers, slicers, sorting,, here in the philippines, one of the problems is the trashes in our bodies of water, so im thinking also of an underwater robot hat can grab those trashes, is it possible?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    This idea looks nice do work on it.You will need your design to work under and on the surface of water This can be done only if the inner circuits are properly sealed from environmental effects
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    marikit
    ,ow i see, my professor doesn't want anything related with foods or whatever such as peelers, slicers, sorting,, here in the philippines, one of the problems is the trashes in our bodies of water, so im thinking also of an underwater robot hat can grab those trashes, is it possible?
    Everything is possible. Just give us more clear idea. If its really something good, I would be more interested personally to help you with your projects and I am sure many other too.

Now thats something, if made, can be actually called as projects. However there are many challenges. The very first question is, do you want it to be manual or autonomus? What are your experiences with these kind of bots? What you are aiming to make isnt easy, and unfortunately, may not come even closer to completion in the given time span.
  • marikit
    marikit
    [Prototype]
    Everything is possible. Just give us more clear idea. If its really something good, I would be more interested personally to help you with your projects and I am sure many other too.

Now thats something, if made, can be actually called as projects. However there are many challenges. The very first question is, do you want it to be manual or autonomus? What are your experiences with these kind of bots? What you are aiming to make isnt easy, and unfortunately, may not come even closer to completion in the given time span.

sir youre absolutely right on the first place that youve said that a line follower is not good, my professor disapproved my topic, she said that it is already existing in the market and really the purpose of the line follower is to receive and deliver, so she said that theres nothing new,.
  • marikit
    marikit
    [Prototype]

,sir, sorry for getting your time, hope you dont bother, but ive got this idea, ive seen it on youtube, it's called the "Candy Canon" and the "PLC Controlled Pneumatic Arm for Material Handling". Can I ask for your opinion? Thankyou Very much sir! 😀
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This may work:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Lots of line followers here:
    There are almost 600 of them -
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is it one's talent or his/her attitude that makes them successful? That's the topic of the talk I'm going to attend in a short while. I thought of starting this...
I'm curious to know - what really would make people choose the uncertainty of the startups over the glamour of the IT industry; especially in country like India? What I...
AppFest is being hosted in Hyderabad between 13-15 December, 2012 by the Internet & Mobile Association of India. Over 600 app developers are expected to participate in the event. Apps...
We are all engineers of different colours. Presumably we all have some general engineering skills. Do we use these in our daily life around the house? All the enthusiastic bikers...
i think safe mode open only when computer doesn't start in normal condition...