6. Structural Analysis Of A Crane Hook.

7. Design Of A Hovercraft

8. Study Of Hybrid Natural Gas Vehicle

9. Design Of Bicycle Helmet Aerodynamics & Cooling

10. Study Of Wingtip Dynamics Simulator

11. Design Of Pneumatic Forging Machine

12. Design And Analysis Of Four Wheel Drive Mechanism

13. Study Of Cryogenic Engine

14. Design And Analysis Of Mechanical Braking System For Four Wheeler Vehicles

15. Design, Modelling And Analysis Of A Maruti Alto Wheel Rim.

16. Tensile Test Of Aerospace Alloy Material For Different Strain Rate

17. Performance Analysis of a Heat Exchanger

18. CFD Modeling of NACA 4421 Aerofoil

19. Design of an UAV

20. Design and analysis of turbine blades
  • Mechie Projects
    Mechie Projects
    A STUDY OF FORGINGS ITS TECHNIQUES AND MECHANISMS:
    The term “Forging” is applied to processes in which a piece of metal is worked in a machine to the desired shape by plastic deformation of the starting stock. The energy that promotes deformation is applied by a hammer, press, up-setter or ring roller, either alone or in combination. The shape is imparted by the tools that contact the work piece and by careful control of the deformation process. A forging is produced in three distinct phases: stock preparation in the form of blooms, billets, bar or ingots; plastic deformation of the metal component to rough, close tolerance or net shape in one of the forging processes; and appropriate secondary operations

Forged metal components are used in wide range of environment where high strength and reliability are important considerations. The use of forging is to reduce material wastage and machining time, avoids complex machining operations and for mass production. Forged components find application in the automobile/automotive industry and in aerospace, aircraft, railroad, and mining equipment.

Metal forging process is governed by many factors such as friction, complexity of parts, die shape and temperature of die and billet. In this study we are going to learn about the principles of material selection, heat treatment, and the design calculations, which is involved in forging of metal

This project is a study of the forging process, forgings defects, the forging machines and their applications. In this project we also consider the manufacturing of crane wheels through the closed die forging process in which metal is plastically reshaped using dies. This involves the steps like design and material selection based on its properties. Machinery equipment’s used in forging are pneumatic hammer forging machines, furnaces, dies, band saw machines etc. Closed die forging process is used to obtain the final product in close tolerance. The furnace is the main equipment in which the billet is preheated to a temperature of 1200 degrees centigrade and then forged into required shape. It offers a high strength-to-weight ratio, toughness, and resistance to impact and fatigue.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has launched the Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch in India and I thought I'd inform you with the information you need to know if you are thinking about buying one....
The best-selling humanoid robot, Pepper, was conceived by a Paris-based company, Aldebaran Robotics, and was acquired by SoftBank, Japan’s largest telecom company, in 2012. Around 500 companies in Japan have...
Hi all, i want to know if it is ok to carry out FAT at site. FAT akka Factory Accetance Test needs to be done at factory itslf. But if...
I need project ideas based on braking system, steering system, emission control system. Please suggest me some ideas in any one of the following.
The British company Jaguar, which is currently owned by Tata motors has recently launched an updated Indian version of its flagship XJ Jaguar car in Mumbai. Priced at INR 98.03...