Mechanical engineer

Design and fabrication of a wind turbine or automated umbrella that open wen rain or sun meet it

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Welcome to CE, friend. We're happy to have you with us. Hope to see you active here. Explore our Mechanical Engineering section and post your ideas there.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    IR rain sensors are already in the market and in use for closing sliding roofs and such when it rains. They can easily be used for your application.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    You can easily integrate this with a photo resistor with a suitable grey filter to do the same when the incident sunlight is above a designed value.
    Something on these lines:

[​IMG]
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Welcome to CE. Now you have reference design start working buddy.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    imhomoh
    need any assist to achieve these
    welcome dude. come to the mechanical section and explain your problem in detail.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Welcome to CE!
    Lot's more to explore in mechanical section!
  • kn081993
    kn081993
    can anybody give the correct answer of this question?
    in a particular arc welding operation 5 mm thick steel plate require 40 A current , what should be the current requirement for welding 10 mm thickness plate?
    a) 10 A
    b) 20 A
    c) 60 A
    d) 160 A

pls answer
  • kn081993
    kn081993
    sir i watched this topic but i am not getting any help ..i m not getting any formula for answer of this question..pls help...
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There cannot be a formula as such. The heat transfer during welding is far from steady state. Too many factors are involved. Thickness is only one. The practice is to start with a smaller current and increase it gradually till a satisfactory weld is got.
    My knowledge in welding is very limited and non structural.
  • kn081993
    kn081993
    ok sir
  • Azar Deep
    Azar Deep
    kn081993
    can anybody give the correct answer of this question?
    in a particular arc welding operation 5 mm thick steel plate require 40 A current , what should be the current requirement for welding 10 mm thickness plate?
    a) 10 A
    b) 20 A
    c) 60 A
    d) 160 A

pls answer
    C)60

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is something crucial for me, as a front end guy, designing web pages and javascript based on normal browsers (those other than Internet Explorer). When it comes to IE,...
i am facing a problem while installing linux red hat enterprise in to my laptop,my laptop has core i5,the problem is that i have empty f:/ drive in my laptop...
All these days we were using the standard fonts in our web pages, and it takes up only those fonts which are already available in our system. But now, we...
Hi this is SAGAR PANDA studying in final year of B.E(TRADE-Computer Engineering) from Pune University.My current location is Pune. *Hobbies & Interests: Writing,surfing intrnet. *Aim in life: (if applicable 😁...
where should i put database(mysql) on webspace(server) and how to launch wesite created in jsp tec