Mechanical Design aids

Hi folks,
I was wondering if any of you guys use any low-tech solutions to aid in building mechanisms etc?

The reason I ask is that after reading an article in Develop3d magazine about Bang & Olufsen and how they build prototypes using Lego I hit upon the idea of using a set (or sets) of Lego to aid us with our latest project which we've had a really hard time visualising. The mechanism we've been asked to produce (which is based on #-Link-Snipped-#) would be easily recreated using Lego (I think)

Does anybody else use Lego in this way?

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Yes, Lego is are good for making prototypes and for visualizing.

Our Moderator Ash had used Lego for creating a model of how our CE-Bot project may look like.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • gohm
    gohm
    Who says Lego is low tech? =) laugh. I always like low tech
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    well there are traditional methods of medelling too,i dont know wheather they are simpler than lego!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI, I want to know the basic technology used behind sending messages from PC to mobile and vica versa. What are the hardware and software requirements for the same. thanks...
I'm sure If CE gives scores to the posts which is answered well by post. If it works as follows It will be better I think,,,😛 I think for each...
How to get the source code of an HTML page in Text file Through java? I am coding an application.one module of that application is given below: The first part...
How do I write , End of Interrupt command? I am using C++ I can't find this information anywhere. I appreciate any help . Thank you.
Yesterday you shared your worst email gaffes, and regardless of the situation, they almost all share one commonality: They could have been prevented. Harvard Business blogger David Silverman shares... More...