May i know the voltage or power consumption on electrical equipments we use?

May i know the voltage or power consumption rates on electrical equipments we use in our homes? How one can make out or on what factor v can say that this equipment comsumes more power or this does not.

Here i listed out few equipments plz give me the consumed voltage or power on each thing:-
fans(ceiling), iron box, refrigerator, Washing Machine,Tube lights 😁

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Um, that depends on the model and the manufacture(volt & amp). Most items have either a nameplate or nema info to tell you this. Also consult your o & m.
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    engg4world
    May i know the voltage or power consumption rates on electrical equipments we use in our homes? How one can make out or on what factor v can say that this equipment comsumes more power or this does not.

Here i listed out few equipments plz give me the consumed voltage or power on each thing:-
    fans(ceiling), iron box, refrigerator, Washing Machine,Tube lights 😁
    Hi,

The power consumption depends on the capacity and the time period an equipment is used for. You pay electricity bill for the units consumed in a period - say a month.

Now what is 1 Unit - It is equal to 1 KWh or 1000 watts on power for an hour.

The equipments you mentioned above will consume different amount of power, but will all depend on its rating (will be on its no. plate)

Let me give you some figures for each

1. Ceiling Fan - 60 Watts - 90 Watts each

2. Iron Box - 800 Watts - 1500 Watts - check the rating with yours

3. Refrigerator - 750 Watts - 1200 Watts - check the rating with yours. Further the refrigerator consumes less when its compressor is OFF.

4. Washing M/C - 350 - 500 Watts

5. Tube light - 40 Watts.

Now calculate your own load, total individual time for they are used daily. Calculate the approx units consumed in a month. 😎

Post your findings with any other query ... if any ;-)
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice info, ashuashi!
  • ashuashi
    ashuashi
    Thanks buddy... ;-)
  • engg4world
    engg4world
    Thankyou very much. u did it great man. Thanks once again.
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    @ashuashi

Nice work . Really informative info...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my engineer friends pls tell me something about final year project. i want to make something on robotics i can handle its hardware parts but i don't know very much...
Hi, My name is Mark, and I have just joined this forum, is nice to meet you all πŸ˜€
Hi Ceans, I Want to Design one Power Supply.. My Requirement is.... 500 ma Current Need 7.5 and 5 Volt DC. My Input is 12 Volt AC. Can any one...
Hey I'm a Telecommunication engineer, graduated last June. Can anyone tell me what is the scope of Telecommunication Engineering in Middle East? πŸ˜€
HELLO :: HOW R U ? IAM STUDENT OF CONTROL ENG. DEPARTMENT IN ISLAMIC UNEVERSTY OF GAZA .. I WANT EAZY MECHATRONICS PROJECT FOR MEHATRONICS LESSON ?? πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’ πŸ˜’HELP...