material sought

I'm a electronic student and im working on a project which requires a material which could rapidly heat and cool to a preset temperatures( around 35C-39C) the time limit on heating and cooling to be around 1 to 2 seconds.
i would be grateful if some one could help me out in this regard....

Replies

• harshinde
    harshinde
    im an electronic student and im working on a project which requires a material which heats and cools rapidly to preset temperatures( around 35C to 39C) the time limit being 1 to 2 seconds... i would be grateful if someone could help me in this regard..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    harshinde
    im an electronic student and im working on a project which requires a material which heats and cools rapidly to preset temperatures( around 35C to 39C) the time limit being 1 to 2 seconds... i would be grateful if someone could help me in this regard..
    what is the temperature limit you want to heat that material ?
    what is the procedure of heating the material?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Also, does it need to be a solid?
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Can you please specify what you will be using to heat this material?
  • harshinde
    harshinde
    Material required

• gohm
    gohm
    Re: material reqdf

Please do not multiple post. How about answering the couple questions members had posted on your original thread? That way we can help you better get your answer.
  • harshinde
    harshinde

sorry, but the link didn directly connect me back to the thread stating technical difficulties, so re-posted the thread.
    we plan to heat the material by differential passage of current through it. and as posted above we need to heat the material to preset temperatures 34C - 39C.
    one of my friends suggested silver as a material which could be used, is that possible??
  • gohm
    gohm

Sure, many of the precious metals are molten in that way, it is very efficient. A coreless induction furnace. The electromagnetic field in the coil not only melts but stirs the molten metal. Then there are electrc arc furnaces, these expose the material directly to the charge. Silver melts at 960 degrees celsius.

You might be better served to have this thread merged into the previous in the metallurgy forum.
  • morganparkar
    morganparkar
    Hi Friend,

Material sought is not a part of temperatures heat and coll at present so the limit of it is fixed about material. So, we can't do this types of thing in material sought.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • harshinde
    harshinde
    ohk, considering the fact that the material for the preset temperatures which we want would not be available in the market, we would like to know if there is a device or a circuit which would heat the material to the same required temperatures..i.e. 35C as the lower limit and 39C as the upper limit.
    we have considered using silver as the material and would be grateful if someone could suggest any reference for the same above....
  • g_rakesh2
    g_rakesh2
    you can use circuit breakers which will cut off the current when temp rises above 39c.
  • harshinde
    harshinde
    yes we tried looking up for the same, but the problem here is that we need a circuit which is as small as possible; the size preferable in one or two centimeter

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello all, What is the difference between Entrepreneur and CEO. i have a doubt on this.. my understanding is Entrepreneur is the one who comes up with new ideas and...
hi i am doing computer engginering.I am in 3rd semester. I want to knw what is the diffrence between c and c++. what are those features dat make any language...
hi this is vinod. i am a b.tech first year student. i am doing a small project in building robots if any one can give me details. please help me....
Dilbert Fans! Here's an end-to-end solution to all your Dilbert Needs: Dilbert.com - The Official Dilbert Website with Scott Adams' color strips, Dilbert animation, mashups and more! Enjoy! 😁
Toyota's new concept personal transport the iReal: video & review located here: Video: Toyota iReal personal mobility vehicle review | T3.com 20 mph top speed, couple hour charge. Morphs between...