Matched Filter

Hiiiii alll,

What is a Matched Filter and what it does?? How about an Integrator? Are they the same?

Thank you

Replies

• shiwa436
    shiwa436
    In telecommunications, a matched filter (originally known as a North filter) is obtained by correlating a known signal, with an unknown signal to detect the presence of the template in the unknown signal. This is equivalent to convolving the unknown signal with a time-reversed version of the template (cross-correlation). The matched filter is the optimal linear filter for maximizing the signal to noise ratio (SNR) in the presence of additive stochastic noise. Matched filters are commonly used in radar, in which a known signal is sent out, and the reflected signal is examined for common elements of the out-going signal. Pulse compression is an example of matched filtering
  • jrsbejer
    jrsbejer
    TAKE A CLOSER LOOK Matched Filter.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm an First Year Engineering Student. And I am planning on participating for a state-level paper presentation event. The topic I'm interested in is CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics). Since I'm...
Formal Announcement ​CE Mumbai meet on 20th September 2008.:myparty: [Update] Venue Changed to Cafe Coffee Day, Ground Floor Dwarka Sadan, Keluskar Road Shivaji Park (N) Dadar (W) Mumbai-28 Ph: 022...
hii.... can any1 provide me the information abt CHROME......the latest web browser by google.... i want to know how it works and its similarities with the MS Browser... thnx....
Discuss the announcement - https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/4540-ce-meet-mumbai-september-20-2008-there.html in this thread !
Friendz can any one tell me how is the foundation casted for a bridge which is supposed to be on a sea. I just want to know the procedure like...