Making a VB app dedicated for CE surfing.

Hey guys, I m feeling good to inform here that I m trying to make a windows form application which will be a dedicated application to surf on CrazyEngineers.com. This browser will not be useful for doing other kind of surfing but only CE. It will work like a handy app. I am using Visual Basic Studio to put this. And i wish to deliver the app by this evening. (Not guaranteed)

Any ideas or any features you want me to add in that then please reply here. All opinions are welcomed. If anyone wants to contribute towards the development, I have some task to be done for it too. Just post it here if you have any ideas. Helping hands are welcomed.

Replies

• Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Update: I already made a basic framwork but the website interface with its addons doesn't seem to adjust on the tab controls. Any one got any suggestions?

[​IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What's the purpose?
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Its a windows app dedicated to surf on CE only. It will act like the desktop site version.Difference is, it will get totally integrated into the frame making it even more easier to use.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Trying an app for a single platform is nice But Can't it be cross platform that will surely help all CEans

PS: your app can't be tested by Biggie cos he is in apple not windows
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Conqueror
    Trying an app for a single platform is nice But Can't it be cross platform that will surely help all CEans

PS: your app can't be tested by Biggie cos he is in apple not windows

i am writing this app because I dont have anything else to do today. I will try to make it cross platform. But I have less experience for Mac and Linux. Will try something.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have an idea, but again it will be possible only for Linux platform & that too only Unity DE, hence ubuntu only.

Use scopes to directly search for threads/posts of CE right from desktop, without opening browser.
    So, just press super key & start typing about what you wanna search in CE.

Screenshot from 2013-08-09 11:21:56

I hope you get my idea 😀
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    That is restricted to Ubuntu as you already said. I think I will have to approach about making it in Java or Python. I am working on the modules right now since everything needs to be manually added there.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nayan Goenka
    That is restricted to Ubuntu as you already said. I think I will have to approach about making it in Java or Python. I am working on the modules right now since everything needs to be manually added there.
    You'll need python for that. And if you're familiar with python, it is easy as pie (as told by many of py devs to me)
    tutorial : #-Link-Snipped-#

I am not into Python (still learning, hence noob) or anyother scripting language; else I would've created it for my sole purpose.
    I use lens/scopes, a lot!
  • Nayan Goenka
    Nayan Goenka
    Abhishek Rawal
    You'll need python for that. And if you're familiar with python, it is easy as pie (as told by many of py devs to me)
    tutorial : #-Link-Snipped-#

I am not into Python (still learning, hence noob) or anyother scripting language; else I would've created it for my sole purpose.
    I use lens/scopes, a lot!

I know python. I was thinking about the same. But somewhat I m getting leaned towards Java. But again it will need a run time environment plus integration into the website framework. That is confusing me. But Python may not be supported in some compatibility environments. So its stuck at a place.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just read the news that a girl committed suicide after her seniors in college ragged her for over a year. In her suicide note, the girl mentioned that she couldn't...
Hi, I am using gcc compiler to compile the program and build an exe I used this command to compile gcc program.cpp -g -o program (generates program.exe and runs fine)...
🎉 UGC(university Grants Commision) has announced that A student who is pursuing a B.sc course can apply for B.Tech and those who is pursuing engineering degree can apply for bachelor...
After the phenomenal launch of Microsoft Surface, though the tablet set the tech savvy audience on powerful discussions, the same didn't reflect on the company's sales charts. And therefore, not...
Yes CEans I was lucky to read this article that General Motors who is one of the best automobile manufacturers in world claimed to be at no.1 position in PATENT...