main memory Vs secondary memory

Hi to all.

I got a doubt while I'm executing my program in ALP.
it may be silly but though you should think for a while......
Why can't we execute the problems in secondary memory😕
what is the one that mainly differs secondary memory from main memory such that we should bring the data (what ever it be) to the main memory for processing😕

This is my doubt and waiting for replies....

Replies

• faizaan
    faizaan
    hi friend,

according to me...

we caanot execute the program in secondary memory and we need to bring the program code in main memory because today's processor's are very fast they work at gigahertz and to keep it up with it's performance we need memory which is faster enough so that the delay in read & write operation's doe's not affect the performance of processor.there is always's delay due to latency in secondary memory & also their transfer rate is low.

so as the main memory is much faster than secondary memory program's need to be brought in main memory to keep up with processor's performance.

today there is also cache memory available which is much fater than ram & this memory is kept close to the processor.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI friends😉, Recently our professor giving introduction to Data Communications had mentioned a computer with multiple displays and keyboards will be needed in some situations. The problem here is I...
Hi friends😎, I want to write a program that controls the cursor movements.I want to do it java. For this fist i want to know how the thing goes in...
In Assembly Language Programing , if we use a stack then we have to allocate some memory for the stack.Now , my question is if we give the space from...
I'm posing this question in order to overcome my confusion and get some clarity. I wanna know what's the difference between the following words. 1.Unary operator and Binary operator 2.Relation...
can any one give me a brief explanation about piping. What is piping? For what purpose it is used? and the sites which can give me some help.......