lets deal with high voltages

hello friends,
here i am introducing a new thread about high voltages and high currents
i am not familiar about it much because those are not used in general purpose.
as my faculty of high voltage engineering said it is mainly used in testing purpose
i update more information during discussions
main topics i deal here is
1.generation of high voltages both a.c and d.c and high currents
2.measuring of high voltages and high currents
3.ofcourse there impact on normal use
any one interested extend this discussion by your valuable posts

Replies

• saketsingh
    saketsingh
    hey there
    i agree with ur faculty high voltages are use for the testing purpose but high voltage of 440,220 kv are use for the transmission overhead lines because it has less transmission losses (voltage is inversly proportional to the transmission losses) but high current is used for the insulation testing of the equipments, eddy current losses of transformers in intial stages...
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    saketsingh
    hey there
    i agree with ur faculty high voltages are use for the testing purpose but high voltage of 440,220 kv are use for the transmission overhead lines because it has less transmission losses (voltage is inversly proportional to the transmission losses) but high current is used for the insulation testing of the equipments, eddy current losses of transformers in intial stages...
    i know that but this thread is for discussion of the topics
    as we are also given many threads like this tomorrow i will give how we generate high d.c voltages in this thread
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone tell me what are various MS programmes offered in India , I am interested in doing MS in network Security
hii... CRAZYENGINEERS, I want some innovative idea in civil engineering. I just want to innovate something related to CE. if u can i need ur help, if u help me...
Name:Nithin *Engineering Trade:Electrical and Electronics Location:India *Occupation:Student *Aim in life: Learning new stuff *I joined CrazyEngineers because:love learning things in a crazy way!!😛
hai guys.......i am new to CE forum....i found this very intresting .....this provides a platform for crazyengineers to share their ideas and thoughts among the world....really very happy joining this😁......i...
hey guys! Lets discuss about Location Based Cryptography in this thread. It is similar to any other cryptography but the difference is that its restricts the location of data decryption....