Let us have Articles section

Hi there !

I suggest that we should have an articles section on our beloved forum. It could become a part of General Discussions.

I got this idea because I read Sam's latest article on the portal and its cool. Won't it be nice if our CEans could post comments or ask questions related to the article.

What do you think, CEans?

Rick

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    about articles section

Hey rick !

Articles section is a good idea. However, the initial idea was to create a separate section for article archives on the front page itself.

However the thread is open for discussion. Let's see what everyone feels.

-The Big K-
  • Jerry
    Jerry
    The_Big_K
    Hey rick !

Articles section is a good idea. However, the initial idea was to create a separate section for article archives on the front page itself.

However the thread is open for discussion. Let's see what everyone feels.

-The Big K-
    I agree with big K. I think it is too early for us to have articles section. Let us have more articles. The section can wait.

If I remember, we can have comments for each article on the page itself. It would be better to have a separate section for articles.

Jerry
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    waiting for replies

The disadvantage of having not-so-many active users is that it becomes difficult to decide what CEans want on forums. As we are in no hurry to introduce a new section on our index page or a sub-forum, we'll keep this thread open for few more years.

Let's hope that people really shout their opinion.

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    well...

even i wud suggest the section can wait... forums are not as happening as required... let them grow first then we can think abt the section... we still need more active members.... let us be fulfilled with them first .....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    *bump*

Jumped into an old thread ๐Ÿ˜ . Right now, we have 'CE-Common Sense' section on our main page. We'll have an article archive on our main page soon.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Initially anyone who wants to post articles can post them in a new thread with the titile as "Article: "

Then later on when we have enuf articles, all the previous ones can be taken from various posts and put up in that section. Its even easier to find like this.

Simply, dont forget to put the word 'Article' on your main title.

Regards!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We introduced CE - Article Archive on our main portal. Sure we can have an articles section on the forum too.

That way, we will have a thread dedicated to each article & related discussions. Now, does it make sense to have two article sections : Each Dedicated to Technical Discussions & General Discussions?

Or do we need only one Articles section to take care of all articles and related discussions?

-The Big K-
    p.s:
    Article: is a fantastic suggestion ! ๐Ÿ˜€ Let us have it as a rule. What say CEans?
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Firstly, How can we post Articles on the main articles section?

Secondly, How do we coment on an existing article? I could find 'post your replies' in just one article.

Well, for a dedicated forum just for Articles, yes we should have one. However, for now it can wait.

Now we need articles ๐Ÿ˜€

Start writing CEns, get a move on guys! or well, if you find a realllyyy good article from another website, post it , BUT with the link to the main AND the original writers name. Never forget that!

(is this ok Big K?)

Ill be doing that as an example soon.

P.S: Big_K what do you think about the Quick reply option at the end of each forum. Opening a new window takes time. Just want to know if its possible. Ive seen that in some forums i had joined previously.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx , you seem to be an experienced forum user ๐Ÿ˜

Of course, we need to respect the author of article. So if we must copy-paste the content, we must include a link to the original article as well as the Author name in the post.

But consider this: We coming up with our own articles! Get rid of the mental block that we suck at writing articles. I believe everyone can be a good writer. If you are still afraid of posting your article, get in touch with one of the CEan and work on the article together as a team. It will be fun and a good experience!

Of course, these are my thoughts. What do you say, CEans?

-The Big K-
    P.S:
    :sshhh: sssh! That is one (of the) feature(s) which will be introduced on CrazyEngineers day ( 26th November )!
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Lol, thats good, its very handy. You can edit out the P.S now ;-)

Anyway, I did join a few forums sometime ago but one of the most eye catching site was #-Link-Snipped-# ! Just check it out.

We should write more articles, im thinking of one but it will take a while since Ive joined my college a month late. (BITS Pilani Dubai Campus, UAE)

So guys, please get on with writing something, it shouldnt be perfect, just get started. Thats what we all are here for. To help and comment too ๐Ÿ˜

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello all CEans! Idea for this thread comes from what I saw on microsoft download center. I tried to download internet explorer latest beta and I was prompted to install...
So you always envied your colleague who types without looking at the keyboard? You always thought life would have been much better if you had joined a typing class. You...
One method i explain with my post ..multiplication of two digit number... Another method... take square of digits having 5 in end... 35^2=1225 75^2=5625 195^2=38025 Got any clue... here clue...
Those remote controlled aero-models have always been my fascination. I have been dreaming of building an R/C glider myself, but didn't know how ๐Ÿ˜• . I'd like to know if...
Carrying out two workshops3 and 4 to extend a helping hand to crazyboy! These are my favourite techniques.. To multiply any number by 11 simply write the extreme right digit...