Learning Robotics Step By Step

It so happens that being in any branch of engineering, we are naturally fascinated towards this field. For me Robotics is a machine which can do some functions as per its programming.
In other words, it is a moving computer which can perform physical actions.

The above words being just an introduction let us go deeper in to this subject step by step.

For example we can post very basic information about some commonly used micro-controllers and ICs and explain their functions and then get on advancing for making actual models ๐Ÿ˜€

What say Folks? ๐Ÿ‘

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    What are the basic components of Robots? Movement. Movement around different axils. So once has to understand the design of movement. And Movements come from motors. There are several type of them, Geared Motors, Servo Motors, Stepper Motors.( No AC Motor in our discussion). So first think of what you are expecting out of the movement.
    1) If it needs to carry some wight than servo motor for sure. But servo motor alone can not be controlled for precise movement. So what is the solution? Gears dear friends. Havn't you studied machine design? Just need to design a gear assembly that reduces the rotation par minute of the motor. Have you seen old Cassette players? They will give you the Idea.
    2) So as a primary task take a gear assembly, attach it with a servo motor. connect it with 9 volt transformer with a push switch. if you can control the rotation to 10-20rpm, you have it in you to become a robotic and automation engineer. else you are reading a wrong post.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    even i tried my hand at robot making just this may! ๐Ÿ˜€
    we did a wired manually operated robot which has to move around the arena and collect the objects of various shapes and sizes using it's claw mechanism. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    can you post the gear photo or atleast a project photo?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Cooltwins had shared it here: #-Link-Snipped-#

CP had shared a video. @CP: Please post the video here.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    the thread #-Link-Snipped-# shows the basic one we did to learn the basic.
    i'll post the pics of the gear mechanism of the arm and pic of my final bot soon ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Abhijeet Khandagale
    Abhijeet Khandagale
    robotics always starts with a mechanical design. what do you want to make is the question.
    1. one big misconception students as well teachers have today is a wired bot being called a robot. it is not. a robot should have some kind of intelligence else it is only a machine controlled by wire.
    2. also robots aren't just 4-6 wheeled cars. robots can be automated or 'intelligently' controlled machines which can range from a simple gripper to a humanoid.
    3. for the intelligence part you need to know micro controller programming.
    4. read about 8051 controllers to start with.
    ending note: just one person can't do everything, get a group of people who are interested, and divide the work.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    ANd if you want to see some easy but serious robotic stuff in action, just visit
    Rupam Das Acculi Lyfas - YouTube
  • magnatron
    magnatron
    start with some thing simple like #-Link-Snipped-# and then move into making bots that can follow lights, etc
    if you have a good pal or a faculty that KNOW embedded , then ask him for help in uC programming and stuffs. read more about sensors and stuffs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

my newsite freegovernmentjobalerts.com that was developed 2 days ago was hacked....what to do? i put lots of efforts to develop the site???? all my efforts are in vain.....
Students worldwide to be awarded scholarships for innovative designs in 3D printing contest Frankfurt โ€“ 9th September 2011 โ€“ (NASDAQ: SSYS) Stratasys Inc. today announced the launch of its Dimension...
all aspiring Electronics engineers, just watch the photos, I feel you may get an idea of what you can do in electronics project.
can some smells be recorded? i just imagine how amazing we can see a movie, with 3d effects, great sound effects and we can smell what we see in movie....
hey friends this thread is for to post your dreams about future world my dream is this i want to see world without petrol bunks cars are going in air...