LAN Communication

Can someone explain to me how I can communicate with another computer over a wireless LAN network. Suppose I want send a single byte such as the decimal number 43 and then have the receiving computer receive this byte. How would I go about doing this? Thanks for any help.

Replies

• jeni232
    jeni232
    You will have to buy a WI-FI ROUTER & router is having access to broadband or DSL internet access, then you would be able to access internet and also can configure more than one user and define that as LAN.
    --------------------------------
    Jenilopez
  • el3ktr1k
    el3ktr1k
    I know how to connect to the internet. I want to be able to send raw data from one computer to another over Wi-Fi.
  • AshutoshGupta
    AshutoshGupta
    are you trying to make a HLL program for that ?
    if so then it's essentially same as sending it to a wired computer bacause TCP/IP handles all lower level details...........

YOU JUST NEED TO DELIVER YOUR DATA TO APPROPRIATE FUNCTION OF AN APPROPRIATE CLASS IN THAT LANGUAGE.........
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    ummm ... how about a simple socket connection?

Java has a huge API reference for this
  • nileshchakkar
    nileshchakkar
    As far as Wireless LAN cocern you can go through any of the technology like
    1)Bluetooth (limited distance)
    2) Wireless LAAN 802.11
    3) Wi- fi technolgy best suited
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    I think infrared will be better and cheap too,but how much data you want to send & receive????
  • nileshchakkar
    nileshchakkar
    But infrared have much more problems like speed is very slow as comparative to others.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah,thats why i mentioned at what rate data has to be send and how much?? with bluetooth its also complex procedure!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm a little surprised this movie hasnt been mentioned yet on CE. Robert Downey Jr portrayed Tony Stark pretty well. A kick butt movie, with lots of crazy action and...
CEans, This is your once in lifetime opportunity! Mr. William Baker, Chief Structural Engineer of Burj Dubai - World's Tallest Building has agreed to answer your questions! 😁 Now, we...
Here's Microsoft's latest, expensive ad - [youtube]tM_72QXCtN4[/youtube] 😕 Makes sense? I don't think so.
Every aspiring entrepreneur - Here's Guy Kawasaki for you. Note: Do check out our Small Talk with Mr. Kawasaki -> Small Talk with Guy Kawasaki - How to change the...
hi everyone i need to generate 3 pulses.pulses namely A,B,C are user programmable. first of all A pulse is generated then B and finally C.but the problem coming is reference...