Kernel Hacking

hey!!! can any1 please help me with kernel hacking??? what exactly is it? i am completely ignorant.. please help...😕

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    patil.ashu01
    hey!!! can any1 please help me with kernel hacking??? what exactly is it? i am completely ignorant.. please help...😕
    I'm assuming that you're talking about 'Linux' Kernel Hacking. Isn't it something about altering the Kernel code to suit your needs?
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    hey...thanx for replying... yes.. i am talking about linux... but kernel hacking, what exactly it involves??? how is it done??? i have never worked on it..
  • patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    patil.ashu01
    hey...thanx for replying... yes.. i am talking about linux... but kernel hacking, what exactly it involves??? how is it done??? i have never worked on it..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The scope of Linux Kernel hacking is very vast. It involves deep knowledge of UNIX based operating systems and system architecture. It'd help a lot if you have deep knowledge of C programming language. Kernel hacking is usually for the most advanced C programmers and goes much beyond use of pointers. A Linux Kernel hacker is also expected to have advanced understanding of hardware (processors, memory and so on). It's not like a task with steps, but a systematic study of how Kernel works and how it can be manipulated to suit your needs. Don't get carried away with the term 'hacking' as we're talking about ethical hacking here.

I'd recommend you to go through this link: The Linux Kernel which is a good start point in understanding Linux Kernel. If you are intending to break into servers (cracking, not hacking) then let me tell you, it takes years of experience to understand how systems work, what flaws they have and then figure out how to break them. It's like learning to play the Guitar, takes years but you never know you're there!

I hope I didn't break your enthusiasm. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is assignment given to us by our instructor and I still don't know what's the answer. Find the inverse matrix using gaussse-jordan method. A= 1 3 2 4 5...
hi.. guys... i'm designing and fabricating a two stroke engine... will someone pl.. temme how to mesure the power output of my engine?.. i mean in terms of bhp ...
hi friends.... this is deepak.... pl.. do all help me out to become a crazy engineer as i'm not so...
ASUS U43Jc from U Series Bamboo collection notebooks is a notebook worth looking at if you’re looking to buy a ‘green laptop’. The U Series features a smoky brown bamboo...
Hiya CEans 😁 here is one simple quiz for you. 😀 i had set these for a club activity in my college. now you guys try to answer these questions...