just solve it!!!

Puzzle 1:

Who stole the clock?[​IMG][​IMG]If Robort was the thief, he was telling the truth, Tommy did not steal but was telling a lie: Scott is innnocent. It meant Scott was the thief which was not true becasue we assumed Robert was the thief.

If Scott was the thief, then both Robert and Tommy told a lie. It meant Tommy and Scott both were thief which was not true.

Tommy was the thief, what he said was true: Scott was innocent. Robert told a lie, which meant Tommy was the thief.

puzzle 2:
[​IMG][​IMG]Among 6 coins one is heavier than all the others. You can weigh only 2 times to find out which one is heavier.

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Puzzle 2 solution :

Take 4 coins randomly and put two on either side of the balance

Case 1: Both sides are equal.
    then the heavy coin is in the remaining 2 coins not chosen. The exact one can be found by one more weighing.

Case 2: One of the sides is heavier.
    The heavier one is on that particular side. The exact one can be found by one more weighing.

😁

Yahoo !!!
  • ish_nalini
    ish_nalini
    reachrkata
    Puzzle 2 solution :

Take 4 coins randomly and put two on either side of the balance

Case 1: Both sides are equal.
    then the heavy coin is in the remaining 2 coins not chosen. The exact one can be found by one more weighing.

Case 2: One of the sides is heavier.
    The heavier one is on that particular side. The exact one can be found by one more weighing.

😁

Great your right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    Another approach that helps in optimizing other similar cases:

Step 1: Take 3-3 coins randomly and put on either side of the balance. This will give you a set of 3 coin which contain heavier coin.

Step 2: From the above obtained 3 coin set, take 1-1 coin randomly and put on either side of the balance and keep 1 coin separate.

Step 3: If the balance is unbalanced, the heavier coin is on the heavier side of balance, otherwise the third coin is the heavier coin.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I was just wondering if any of us has tried this email software - IncrediMail. Can we have it reviewed on CE? The good thing about IncrediMail is its 3D...
I Wnt To Know The Diference Between Ac Gronding And Dc Negative Terminal,,,,
Hello all, At the outset merry christmas to one and all! I requirement any material - links, e-books, pdfs - that deal with the following topics - 1) Guidelines for...
how are passwords stored of each individual users in web sites like orkut/yahoo etc. ????if it is stored in the orignal form will not be very easy for the administrators...
Funny that no one posted about Music, yet 😁. I still remember during my engineering days, I got hooked onto Trance and Techno ... twas my 3rd semester, when I...