Japan's NTT Invests 1000 Crore To Open India's Largest Data Centre

While the world's attention has turned towards India and biggest players in the market like Amazon, Microsoft and Oracle are gearing up to open their data centres here, Japanese MNC NTT Communications has opened its huge data centre in the country. With the recent boom in e-commerce space as well as onset of new banks, India's need for efficient infrastructure for handling huge amounts of data is at its peak. The new data centre by NTT in Mumbai spans an area of 3 lakh sq. ft. and has demanded an investment of Rs. 700-1000 Crores from the Japanese legend.

NTTCOMMUNICATIONS

NTT had entered India in 2012 when it acquired Netmagic. In the last 3 years, it has invested 20 billion Yen aka Rs. 1000 Crore to build its base. The company is now getting ready to acquire a license for interconnecting its data centres and client locations with optical fibre cables and provide a wide range of network services.

Netmagic has been a fast growing company in India. The company isn't stopping with the Mumbai base data centre. It has plans to open up 3 more data centres in the near future. The reason behind NTT choosing India to set up its data centres are not only the cost-effective lang and booming power supplies, but also the availability of human resources who can handle the various operations within the centre.

Among the top players, many big media networks and e-commerce companies have already hired Netmagic's data center services. Their next target are banking and insurance companies who are dealing with more data than ever before.

These data centres will be providing a big suite of services which includes - Cloud Computing, Managed Colocation, IT infrastructure monitoring & management, Dedicated Hosting, Security Services, App Hosting, Disaster Recovery etc.

NTT Communications has more than 140 data centres in several countries including UK, US and Japan. In India alone, the Japanese giant has 9 data centres.

What are your thoughts about NTT's biggest data centre in India? Share with us in comments below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm tempted to tag #-Link-Snipped-# for comment 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Regular Skype conversations can be boring and now there's a way to fix it. Skype's Gurdeep Pall has announced that Skype will now get Bollywood Mojis and Emoticons which you...
name : kamal bharadwaj profession : student experience : no hobbies : reading books , watching tv, playing games, visiting new websites on pc,etc... Actually my frends reffered your blog...
Confused bout choosing the right career .I have completed btech in electronics n instrumentation .I am a 5pointer .I want to know my options... Pls help.
OnePlus, the company famous for delivering “flagship killers” with exclusivity of an invite system has launched a new OxygenOS smartphone that is cheaper and more stylish than its predecessors. Both...
CEans, Please join me in welcoming a new member to CE Mod Squad aka the Moderators Team on CE Community - CEan @Anoop Kumar Anoop has been a member of...