IT Software Solutions for an 'Eco-Friendly Environment'

Main aim of this thread is to throw light on the possible software solutions for an 'eco-friendly environment'. ๐Ÿ˜€

I was unaware if there existed software solutions for the same, so I searched on Google and came across the following links:
#-Link-Snipped-#
kuppathotti.com

There must be more that we Engineers have to offer. Chip in your ideas!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, this is above me. Could you please write a bit about software for eco-friendly environment? Is it something about having software to simulate things so that there is overall reduction in say, electric consumption?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Actually I was travelling the other day by train. My co-passenger had booked her ticket online and when the ticket-checker came she showed him the ticket on her smart phone; whilst I took a printout of my ticket. She saved a piece of paper. I felt bad, I never thought the same.

Something on these lines.
    Sorry if the thread topic is inappropriate.

I'll try to jot down more points later in the day. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, even email would be a software solution for eco-friendly environment. But I'm not too sure whether it is indeed, because the servers maintained by the big email providers eat lot of electricity.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The links you mentioned above dont looks like 'software solutions' to me. But yes a good thread topic! ๐Ÿ‘

I think software solutions are more like the MobiMonster's software called GreenPhone for Series 60 (Symbian) mobile devices. This software helps you reduce your carbon footprint by managing several features of a series 60 device such as Backlight, Charger, WLAN and Bluetooth. The application kicks into action and switches off the backlight, when one is not using it, alerts the person to remove his/her charger when the battery was full, and when Bluetooth and WLAN were switched on but not being used for data transfer.

Then there are green data centers - just like the ones Google has.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    #-Link-Snipped-#, yes I was a little confused with the issue.

We can save more paper:
    I thought, a train ticket-checker has the list of all passengers; so why do we passengers have to take printout of our ticket? Just checking the passengers identity proof with the details in the list should suffice. A ticket is valid for just a few hours, and then it goes into the bin.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    All softwares are Eco-Friendly ๐Ÿ˜›.
    I think railway should send a sms/email of booked ticket on passanger mobile even ticket booked through window and ID proof should be mandatory for all. This will improve security as well as paper less.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Yes, a photo-ID proof should serve the purpose well.

Today is 'World Environment Day'.
    Let's gather some ideas / solutions to preserve the environment.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

does anybody use Autodesk Inventor Here ?
Hi Every1, If you wanna know something about me, here is a brief outline for you. I lived in Dhaka-the capital of Bangladesh. My home district is Munshiganj. I have...
CEans, Time's come to announce the launch of refreshingly new VoiCE and Small Talk on https://www.crazyengineers.com homepage. We've the design live since last 3 days and we've been thoroughly testing...
WolframAlpha is a freely available computational engine that can supplement already existing software such as mathematica, maple, mathlab, or excel. The purpose of this mini-guide is to go over some...
A bag contains 10 blue marbles, 20 green marbles and 30 red marbles. A marble is drawn from the bag, its colour recorded and it is put back in the...