Is the art of Varma("Varma kala") for real?

Varmam are vital points in the body that act as energy transformers or batteries. They form centres for boosting the vital Prana flow through the intricate Nadi (Yoga) system of the body. Nature, by its design, has protected these vital centres by placing them deep inside the body or by covering them with tissues inaccessible to normal attempts of breach.
Varmam is a holistic therapy on its own and tackles the body, mind and spirit. A varmam expert understands the underlying links between the body, prana and the mind. If one looks at the long list of things which varmam can do, one will be totally mesmerised by the deep science and the indisputable healing it brings about. The human body can get into lot of accidents, minor and major, in its lifetime. Very rarely people are lucky enough to escape accidents in life.
Varmams have been classified based on the type of pressure needed to injure: (a) Paduvarmam (varmam due to injury), (b) Thodu varmam (by touch); Thattu varmam (by blows); (c)Thaduvu varmam (by massage); (d) Nakku varmam (by licking); and (e) Nokku (by staring). The widely used and recognised ones are the 12 Paduvarmams and 96 Thoduvarmams; there is less consistency with the other categories simply because of the way of application or the deeper knowledge needed to apply them. In these categories, the Nokku varmam is the most awe-generating and is rarely seen practiced, as those masters who were able to do this are almost extinct.
A varmam therapist needs to have a deep knowledge about the body's nerves and physical structure to do an effective treatment. There are only a few therapists existing in this world, and the modern siddha world is trying to preserve this art of healing.
Other than for healing purposes, it is believed that Nokku varma and other varma is used by ancient Indians in Warfare. Is this true? Can a man restrict the movement of the opponent by just staring at him?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    some have practiced it to perfection. you may know that the best available weapon for a man is your hand, so if you are well versed in how to use it in real time at right place they serve as lethal and life saving weapon

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Dear all Engineers, I'm a final year student of NIT jalandhar. I've secured 64% in class 12th. Can I, By any means Improve it? By reappearing in any subject or...
Hello ...to my all seniors and juniors.... I am Dheeraj .......presently in Final yr of B.tech ( Electrical & Electronics Engineering ) . I find this website from Google... its...
what are the good opportunities for an ECE student??
Why we are using power supplies of 230 v and 50HZ standard. Whats the problem in having power supplies at some other frequency say ,70 ,90HZ....Why 50 Hz is fixed......
The other day i was surfing across the t.v and was fed up with the constant debate between politicans or local MLA's with the news hungry people,i don't understand how...