Is Media To Be Blamed For Indiscipline Among New-generation ?

Yesterday, while coming back to home from college, I saw few kids on the streets were fighting. Being curious to know that what this new generation kids fight about & how they fight, I sprinted closer to them & was astonished by the words these 3-4 grades students were using.
These kids seem to be from decent background family, but they were cursing eachother as if other kid has lose Billion dollars in a business deal!
They were using very explicit words at this age(I have even seen some school guys smoking, they think that shit's cool), As far as I remember first time I ever came across those words when i reached 8th grade, however never spoke untill I got really matured.

But, listening those same curse from 3rd grade students, fetches so many questions in my mind :

- Media is a huge influence on Kids & Youths. Do you think Media is to be blamed for this ? Why ?
- Our Education System should include the chapter of "Morals" & "Ethics" ? (Morals & Ethics, aah! I really think, this should be implemented on some mature people too)
- How can we eradicate this kindof behaviour for atleast upcoming generation ?
- Indian movies/Bollywood is ruining more lives than helping ? Bollywood is to be blamed for this ? I see hardly a movie in a year which is really inspiring.
- Is censorship is the only leftout way to cope with this situation ?
- How hard is to teach a kid about what's bad & what's good ? (Fathers & Mothers can answer this better)

Throw some thoughts, CEans.

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    What a great topic to discuss, I think this is discussed somewhere on CE earlier, not particularly this. But I remember we discussed on movies. or I have something on my blog I dont remember though!

What i say it, kids dont have conscience of what they are doing. Its the parents responsibility to take care of his kids.

So instead of blaming media or TV or movies which we dont have a control , we can ask kids not to watch all those things! I know this is NOT the correct way.

But if we cant change the useless system, we can change ourselves.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Agree to what ES says But don't you think that young children are attracted to do what we tell them not to do??
    I am having this issue with my little cousin He is doing exactly the opposite to what we say

I can tell that he is not obedient But at the same time he listens to trivial things that makes us really confused

What can be a solution to this issue ?? A puzzle to all
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Women are often the victim of media psychology. Each and every advertisement requires a woman. Why? Is it because women represent family or rather is it coz women are more attractive? I feel the attractive factor is put to lots of misuse.

As for the younger generation, they learn quicker than us! I think I have mentioned it before somewhere (I can't find that thread) about how a student answered to me. While I was doing my Class XIIth in Kuwait, I used to take a private transportation along with other kids back home as it was far away from school. A first standard kid was playing in the bus, so I asked him to stop and he didn't listen to me. Then I gave him a good scolding for not listening to me. Without even a sense of regret he asked me this question, "Are you married?". I answered, "Why do you think I'd be married at such a young age?". He replied, "...coz married people often scold children". This was almost 6 years ago. Now it's got worse with foul language and what not. Can't think of what the kids of the future would ask us!

P.S.:We've actually tried to discuss it before:
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I had written a blog post related to this topic #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am of this point When our parents exclaim about us they tell that we are really wiser than them

Right now the tables are changed We are looking at our junior Kids and telling they got very high IQ and potential than us ☕😯

So what we potray to them needs to be more censored than what was potrayed to us
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Abhishek Rawal
    Being curious to know that what this new generation kids fight about & how they fight, I sprinted closer to them
    I like your sense of curiosity 😛

Whatever the environment is, its all down to parenting to establish the foundation. Kids are sponges growing up. If you are a good role model to them in terms of how you speak and act, they will definitely follow in stride. They will speak the words you speak. They will want to try to eat what you eat. The first few years is critical! Then its teaching them about responsibility.

If you spoil your kid at a critical time with exposure to so much mainstream media or other unwanted elements, instead of spending time with them playing with educational toys or books, then who else is there to blame?

I just remembered a quote from Sebastian Thrun (part time professor at Stanford), when he talked about his autonomous car entry @ DARPA Grand Challenge:

Making a car really intelligent requires giving it an ability to adapt. Its just like in human life, we don't enable kids to have a rule for every contingency. We tell them how to learn from contingencies and make them smarter, and then we trust them to learn.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am creating this thread here even though it's bit of technical thread related to Computers, Competitors shouldn't think that I am creating useless threads just to win. Overall, Our...
Ever thought of farm automation? Devon, from esologic.com loves tomato farming and his latest Raspberry Pi project allows for automation of the tomato farm. Well don't run your brains faster...
Wikileaks has applied to India to seek asylum for the man who exposed the governments - Mr. Edward Snowden. Snowden has acknowledged that he leaked the details of the United...
Tapping into one of the fastest smartphone markets, Japanese internet enterprise Line Corporation recently announced the launch its popular free-calling and messaging mobile app LINE in India, and its brand...
I was always puzzled to see many videos in youtube to show how to start a car without key , opening door , etc.I want to know whether there had...