Is it possible to be freelance electronic engineer?

Hi, First of all, forgive my poor English.
I've completed my bachelors degree in electronics and communication engineering. But I am from an underdeveloped country Nepal located at south Asia. I have sound knowledge for the subjects in this field and my interest is in electronic circuit design and embedded systems. There are no opportunities for this field in my country and i cannot change my geographical location due to some family problem. Besides I have a good knowledge of programming in languages like java, c/c++, python, matlab, and some markup languages like html, xml along with javascript. I am currently working as an android application developer, but this field doesn't satisfy me because my real interest is in electronic circuit design and embedded systems.
I've seen people freelancing software projects, they just do their project in sitting in a place without being involved in any office.
Is it possible to do the same for electronic circuit design projects and embedded system projects (project using cad tools like altium designer, multisim, pspice etc.. or some other way)? If possible then from where should i start to reach my dream? Please Help me I am in a great confusion and cannot take any decision regarding my career.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir/madam, i am a b.tech 1st year student ,i just wanted to crack either IES or GATE exam please refer me ebooks and preparation tips to start from 1st year...
hello sir/ma'am, I am pursuing b.tech in electronics and instrumentation from UPTU (MIT). Recently I am in the fifth sem and i scored 73% in second year. I have completed...
Hi, I have completed my b.e in aeronautical... Now working in quality control department...though I didn't get job in my core have plan to switch over to banking sector.... Wat...
EMAIL! I have an account, whats a BIG DEAL! Yeh, I agree, if that statement was made by one of my friends. All thanks @Ankita Katdare for motivating to write...
The Cochin International Airport (CIAL) has set an example for others by being the first ever airport in India that's fully powered by solar power. On August 18, Kerala chief...