Is it possible to access banned website using virtual private network?

As we know china has completely banned google ,but today i read somewhere that some chinese are still using google through virtual private network?

Is it really possible ? what is this VPN ?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    Virtual private network is a tunnel connection from outside network to a LAN .
    Let me give you a real life example.
    Consider you drop a paper mail to some guy in some location say address xyz.
    Now the content of you mail will not change if I put your mail in another envelope and encrypt it and again destined to xyz.

Only the person, who knows the encryption will be able to open the outer envelope to read the mail in the inner envelope.
    In simple words this array of outer envelopes is VPN.

In a VPN service, you establish a secure tunnel from outer network (A)to an LAN network(B) over internet and you should be then able to use all the service provided in the inner network. You might ask why don't we directly use internet to access that LAN? It would not work- because the firewalls of the LAN (B), would not allow any packets to access the inner services whose say source address is not what is expected.

And as far as Chinese accessing Goggle through VPN is concerned , I think the % can be so less- given the popularity of BAIDU there 😉. They might be connecting to servers in Hong Kong ( HK has not banned Goggle as far as I know)
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I think you can use Proxy Servers. But then I don't know much about IT and CSE.
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    durga
    Virtual private network is a tunnel connection from outside network to a LAN .
    Let me give you a real life example.
    Consider you drop a paper mail to some guy in some location say address xyz.
    Now the content of you mail will not change if I put your mail in another envelope and encrypt it and again destined to xyz.

Only the person, who knows the encryption will be able to open the outer envelope to read the mail in the inner envelope.
    In simple words this array of outer envelopes is VPN.

In a VPN service, you establish a secure tunnel from outer network (A)to an LAN network(B) over internet and you should be then able to use all the service provided in the inner network. You might ask why don't we directly use internet to access that LAN? It would not work- because the firewalls of the LAN (B), would not allow any packets to access the inner services whose say source address is not what is expected.

And as far as Chinese accessing Goggle through VPN is concerned , I think the % can be so less- given the popularity of BAIDU there 😉. They might be connecting to servers in Hong Kong ( HK has not banned Goggle as far as I know)

Clean and simple!!I just got the outline within a glance.Great example!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    thanks for explaining this

it means vpn provides private communication using global internet right????
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    @ durga : Very clean and neat explanation durga. You rocked. 😀

it means vpn provides private communication using global internet right????
    exactly right.

And, as raj said you may use web proxies to access blocked sites. For example, some colleges block social networking sites like orkut, facebook etc. Then you may use some proxies like power.com etc. By using that proxy you may access that blocked social networking sites. some other proxies are hidemyass.com, anonymizer.com, wujie.net etc. We have so many types of proxies.

So, you may access any kind of blocked site using proxies.
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    Read this
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Its Too good!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, i am writing the CDS exam-II to join Air Force Academe.. So please suggest me something if you know about IAF exam procedures...
I might sound a little out of herd, but I am not for for team events during official working hours. But there is a constant enphasis made that participation in...
In following video, Facebook's COO says that since teenagers don't use email, email will die in next few years. Or do you think email is here to stay for at...
Can anyone tell me the sites where i can download CAD/CAM Softwares for free
Dank (adj) Meaning: damp,cold and unpleasant Use: The kitchen was dank and cheerless. Syn: chilly,dewy,humid,moist😁