Do you agree with Facebook COO that email will die?

In following video, Facebook's COO says that since teenagers don't use email, email will die in next few years.

Or do you think email is here to stay for at least 10-15 more years?

What's your opinion?

[video=youtube;Gm8NdNy4wOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8NdNy4wOM[/video]

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    *could not view vedio*
    email will stay. The same was said about paper mails when email came in!. But we still send paper cards et al right?
    and more over- how ever secure be a social networking site, it can be so secured that we can rely upon it for communicating important personal information. I don't know, but can we send files /etc over facebook as of now??? :-|

and by the way- there is this website -Openbook, you enter a name and bingo you see thier status messages et al. ! I mean, you dotn know a aperson, but you can still see their status updates.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Email will never die!
    Social networks use similar set of protocols to communicate messages, we can have further improved versions of email services. The statements sounds like if in future we will have flying cars so the cars that move on land will get extinct.
  • mohammadfawaz
    mohammadfawaz
    Most of the emails sent over the internet are business emails: companies, universities, schools, ... I the way I see it, personal emails are not popular! On facebook, we have the exact opposite! Many problems exist with facebook that does not make it a candidate for email replacement: no primary key for persons! Great possibility of sending the message to the wrong person! No control over the messages (as in the case of private mail servers in companies and universities)! No enough security, No privacy. I'm seeing facebook very far from replacing mail service!
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    The_Big_K
    In following video, Facebook's COO says that since teenagers don't use email, email will die in next few years.

Or do you think email is here to stay for at least 10-15 more years?

What's your opinion?

[video=youtube;Gm8NdNy4wOM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm8NdNy4wOM[/video]
    Oops there is no chance of dieing!
    FB's COO owe's a Penalty from Gmail 😀
    But there is an cold war between Google and Facebook
    I hope the big G i going to import its Kid soon
    It's Google ME
    You can see that in today's New Delhi Chronicle
    @Web: #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone tell me the sites where i can download CAD/CAM Softwares for free
Dank (adj) Meaning: damp,cold and unpleasant Use: The kitchen was dank and cheerless. Syn: chilly,dewy,humid,moist😁
Meaning: Harsh, Jarring sound It is a Noun. Usage: I heard a cacophony of horns in the Traffic Jam.
Meaning: Place where animals are slaughtered (for food) It is a Noun. Usage: I saw an abattoir on the journey to that small village.
Meaning: a person who enjoys luxuries OR a person who enjoys life (especially good food and drink) Or a person devoted to refined sensuous enjoyment The word is borrowed from...