Is CE-Conference disabled??

I am not able to see CE-Conference. Is it disabled?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes it's been disabled. First - to check the load on server with and without the CE Conference and also see whether disabling the shoutbox aka Conference boosts forum activity.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    The_Big_K
    Yes it's been disabled. First - to check the load on server with and without the CE Conference and also see whether disabling the shoutbox aka Conference boosts forum activity.
    When will it be enabled? There's no other chat stuff in my office right now... Its boring to the hell... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    When will it be enabled? There's no other chat stuff in my office right now... Its boring to the hell... ๐Ÿ˜”
    Well, it might be. Will know in 2-3 days.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Wow! I am very happy with the decision.
    If it's very important to discuss something, we have the Loooooong thread. ๐Ÿ˜€

We can now hope to see our regular members focusing on the Forum! ๐Ÿ‘
    Hoi!!! What's the matter with 2 - 3 days??? Consider my situation of no social stuff other than CE for 3 days... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Hoi!!! What's the matter with 2 - 3 days??? Consider my situation of no social stuff other than CE for 3 days... ๐Ÿ˜”
    If the forum activity goes up because of shutting down the shoutbox - it makes sense to keep it disabled. Many logged in members (especially the new ones) would spend hours in shoutbox making no contribution to the forum. I don't like it, but let's find out how this experiment performs.
    The_Big_K
    If the forum activity goes up because of shutting down the shoutbox - it makes sense to keep it disabled. Many logged in members (especially the new ones) would spend hours in shoutbox making no contribution to the forum. I don't like it, but let's find out how this experiment performs.
    What about the idea, like adding sounds and stuff??? Plus, Google / Facebook style AJAX chat in which each page, the chat is displayed. This was the one which I was about to propose! ๐Ÿ˜›
    Also there is a problem of refreshing the page as well as 30 seconds spam gap! These are not there in chat na! We miss those... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    What about the idea, like adding sounds and stuff??? Plus, Google / Facebook style AJAX chat in which each page, the chat is displayed. This was the one which I was about to propose! ๐Ÿ˜›
    We want people to spend more time on forum than chatting in shoutbox. That said, it's just an experiment that we'll run for next 2-3 days.
    The_Big_K
    We want people to spend more time on forum than chatting in shoutbox. That said, it's just an experiment that we'll run for next 2-3 days.
    Biggie, agreed with the experiment stuff... The features to be incorporated in chat, I am speaking about that! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    Biggie, agreed with the experiment stuff... The features to be incorporated in chat, I am speaking about that! ๐Ÿ˜›
    I've no issues with features as long as they don't counter productivity on the forum ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yeah Biggie.It is a good decision.It will take people to get accustomed (i.e; not to use it) to it.
    Go ahead.Anyways,Hello good Afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜€
    ishutopre
    Yeah Biggie.It is a good decision.It will take people to get accustomed (i.e; not to use it) to it.
    Go ahead.Anyways,Hello good Afternoon. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Good Afternoon Ishu! Nice to see you! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am bumping this thread, so that you don't miss it.
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    I think that it's better that the CE-conference is disabled for some time! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    BTW, I never realized that the CE-conference was disabled until I bumped into this thread! ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We'll enable it, but CE Conference shouldn't be the reason for lesser forum activity. By the way, I guess today we've record breaking number of posts on CE! We're currently at 302 posts today and 49 threads! This IS the way to build an active community, folks! Great going! In June 2009, we set had maximum number of posts contributed, totaling 7347.

This month, we're at 1300+ posts. Can we really break the record?

PS: Spam less ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Well It is well going Biggie.Keep up your decision for 2 more days at least.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Some interesting data I digged out from our logs -

The highest number of posts made by CEans in a single day is 684 on September 28, 2009!
    The_Big_K
    PS: Spam less ๐Ÿ˜›
    The problem starts here... ๐Ÿ˜”
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Good decision Biggie!!!
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    hey biggie and friends we are discussing about increasing threads but how can we
    at starting there is nothing and lot to be placed but now it contains all we needed so how can we increase
    by the way if any one comes with new ideas we increase them by giving suggestions and helping them to implement
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    So So Happy With the Decision ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
    Definitely It boosts the forum activity ๐Ÿ˜€
    sahithi pallavi
    So So Happy With the Decision ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
    Definitely It boosts the forum activity ๐Ÿ˜€
    But when we discuss something, sometimes it might account into spam, which would not be tolerated by the forum!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    praveenscience
    But when we discuss something, sometimes it might account into spam, which would not be tolerated by the forum!
    Why can't we use VMs or PMs then?
    sahithi pallavi
    Why can't we use VMs or PMs then?
    What's VM? By the way, all our PMs are filled up with messages... Message limits exceeded! ๐Ÿ˜”

Visitor message... Got it... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Let me first make it clear. We may introduce the Conference again, however it's only a place for casual discussions.

@NM: Starting a new discussion topic is not at all tough. You can start a discussion about anything! For example, you may want to understand a topic better - so start a thread about it. Let's say you wish to understand PCB designing, then start a thread about what you know about PCB design and ask others questions to help you. It will motivate new members to join and participate in discussions.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    ok.CE conference disabled and only one person online now and thats me.Great.
    dileep k
    Excuse Me! We are all here... ๐Ÿ˜€ You can see the online status of the members in the home page... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    praveenscience
    Excuse Me! We are all here... ๐Ÿ˜€ You can see the online status of the members in the home page... ๐Ÿ˜€
    When I am in.It showed only my name Mr.Science.
    dileep k
    When I am in.It showed only my name Mr.Science.
    These boards use sessions to track the online users. So, it cannot be that accurate. It surely shows those who are logged in. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    praveenscience
    These boards use sessions to track the online users. So, it cannot be that accurate. It surely shows those who are logged in. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Yes it will show correct always.
    dileep k
    Yes it will show correct always.
    Dude, it WONT SHOW! ๐Ÿ˜” You mistook what I said. It shows only the user logged in for some reason...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dileep k
    That's because we are troublshooting databases. Few of the members were logged out automatically as the server went down.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Looooong thread is good option of ShoutBox.
    But we cannot expect all the online users to be watching that thread!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Conference is disabled again (for our own good).
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it's been disabled. We wish to evolve from chat-site to an engineering resource site.
  • Farjand
    Farjand
    Yes biggie. After 21 days days I will start 21 new threads. LEt us see what response we get. As suggested by ishutopre. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Else I will give him topics to write about.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    excessive abuse of a facility lead to its ban ๐Ÿ˜”, now I cant shout " Yo! whgats up people"
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd not call it an abuse. But it certainly added to lowering forum activity. I'd notice many CEans only killing time in shoutbox and sometimes even discussing matter that should otherwise be added to the forum for the benefit of larger audience.
    The_Big_K
    I'd not call it an abuse. But it certainly added to lowering forum activity. I'd notice many CEans only killing time in shoutbox and sometimes even discussing matter that should otherwise be added to the forum for the benefit of larger audience.
    At the same time, now we cannot find who is online right now and there's no kinda chit-chat available... Thats bad! ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    praveenscience
    At the same time, now we cannot find who is online right now and there's no kinda chit-chat available... Thats bad! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Go to forum Index page by clicking on the 'Forum' link and scroll down to the bottom of page. You'll see "Currently Active Engineers" which will show you who's online and forum stats.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    @Biggie: It was quite weired when the shout box was closed a few days back earlier than now. But I think it is a good decision overall. Keep your decision biggie. The reason you suggested is valid. Mostly we are discussing things in chatting room than to post threads and replies.
    ishutopre
    @Biggie: It was quite weired when the shout box was closed a few days back earlier than now. But I think it is a good decision overall. Keep your decision biggie. The reason you suggested is valid. Mostly we are discussing things in chatting room than to post threads and replies.
    Agreed but still, something is missing...

The_Big_K
    Go to forum Index page by clicking on the 'Forum' link and scroll down to the bottom of page. You'll see "Currently Active Engineers" which will show you who's online and forum stats.
    Hey but what about the quick replies? And moreover, in chat, we can get a larger audience. Like all the users who are online will be able to see the message but not in the forums. Only those who have subscribed or those who see the message can see. Well, am not against this idea, please note that! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    It's a good decision once again Biggie to disable CE-Conference so that we can concentrate on posting more threads in every section.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    @praveen: Hmmm you are saying same with me but biggie idea is to make all to check forums and get replied
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Shoutbox is what it is ' shoutbox '. The feature, did not add any value to the community. It's actually step in the direction of establishing ourselves as a 'resource' community than a pass-time site. There are thousands of social networks out there where anyone can chat online with friends. We additing that facility makes no sense.

We'd love engineers to come to CE for their self improvement. Our aim is making CE such a place that any visitor spending a minute on CE should leave the site with more useful knowledge than what he/she arrived with.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    But biggie in my view ideas and doubts will be generated while chatting i am saying because i had experienced so i am asking like that
  • sachleen
    sachleen
    well that's a good idea....big k...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The idea behind introducing the CE Conference was just the casual interaction between CEans. At certain point, it became apparent that CE Conference killed overall productivity on CrazyEngineers. That's why it's been killed. I'm not 100% confident that it's a good decision to close down the conference, but closing it has definitely had a positive impact on the forum activity. As I said, chat facility is provided on almost all social networking sites. We'd rather focus on creating more value for every visitor of CrazyEngineers.

I've received requests from at least 2 CEans to close down the conference as few of the members would log in only to chat in Conference.
  • narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    but biggie won't you noticed the problem of giving about new posts
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hey Biggie if you can do it, please bring conference from 2:30pm onwards.

Until the match ends. I want to watch it with all ceans. ๐Ÿ˜€

Sorry for trouble. No pressure on you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Motorola XOOM is one if the most welcomed Tablet introduced at the CES 2011 (Consumer Electronics Show). The honeycomb OS powered XOOM is pricy but promises lot of great features....
CEans, Micromax mobile literally took the Indian mobile market by storm by introducing the cheaper dual SIM mobiles. With heavy advertising and offering lot of cool features in their handsets...
I'm a big fan of Skyscrappers. Since we've many Civil engineers from Philippines, I'm wondering whether we can get information about the latest Skyscrapper projects and those under construction in...
DDOS attack is one of the most deadly attack It has many categorizes like ping of death,smurf attack etc among all Zombie is one of the most deadliest attack, that...
well we all know to do something and to understand something are two different things Daily we have lot of discussion on ce about various topics like education system,corruption etc...