Internship at PSUs in India - How to apply? Eligibility?

It is common knowledge that many Public Sector Unit (PSUs) companies in India offer summer internship to engineering under-graduates in India. However, no definitive information about the application process, interviews, kind of skills required or eligibility is mentioned anywhere.

These days summer training or internships are a part of curriculum for engineering and management students. Internship experience gives students a chance to practically implement what they have learned in classrooms.

Therefore, dedicating this discussion to collect all the information regarding summer internship at PSUs in India hoping that it will be useful for students.

Which PSUs in India offer internship to engineering students?

1. Indian Railways
2. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
3. Steel Authority of India (SAIL)
4. National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC)
5. Power Grid Corporation Of India Limited
6. Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
7. North Western Railway
8. National Highways Authority of India (NHAI)
9. Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. ( BHEL)
10. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
11. Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC)
12. ...

[I am going to keep adding more names here as and when I find any.]

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Summer internship at Indian Railways

I found an important document published by the Indian Railways from 2014. (attached below).

The Honorable Minister for Railways via his Budget speech had announced to set up summer Internships for the Undergraduates of Engineering and Management studies in zonal Railways, Divisions and PSUs of Indian Railways.

Accordingly, the policy on the subject has been finalised.

Key points to remember from the notification -

1. No fee would be charged from the trainees.
    2. The application for internship would be accepted only if it through the institutions where the student is pursuing the studies.

Please download the document below as in there you will find the
    FORMAT OF DECLARATION for Interns
  • Shailesh vaidya
    Shailesh vaidya
    Thank u mam
  • Ansh Mohan
    Ansh Mohan
    How do I apply for these trainings? I'm an Electronics & Communication Student from MNNIT and need help regarding this matter. I also visited RailTel website but could get no leads on training applications. Thank You in advance.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Ansh Mohan
    I also visited RailTel website but could get no leads on training applications.
    #-Link-Snipped-# Check if this official declaration is of any help to you -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • SHAIK SADIK BASHA
    SHAIK SADIK BASHA
    Respected Madam,

I am, Shaik SadikBasha an undergraduate Engineering 3rd year student in Mechanical engineering from Government college IIIT,R.K.Vally, with an aggregate of 76.3 percent marks.
    I came to know that my passion towards is Automobile Engines In this especially heavy loaded vehicles.So I am willing to do internship in this topic.

I have a simple query: Is it possible for me to carry out some quality work as a part of my Summer Internship ?

I complicatedly works towards the development and designing of world class vehicle systems and equipment as per the requirements laid down by the service shave special interest in De fence vehicles which lead to positive contribution to the economic, social and environmental well-being of the community.

Thanks for your precious time. For your kind perusal,
    I have enclosed my curriculum vitae with this letter.
    I’m looking forward to hear from you soon.
    With regards,
    Shaik sadik basha
    Attachment:C.V
  • Vaibhav Shinde Patil
    Vaibhav Shinde Patil
    how to apply to DRDO internship madam i am appearing for CSE 8th semester now.
  • Rahil Shah
    Rahil Shah
    Is any internship open for B.E Mechanical last year student?
  • Rahil Shah
    Rahil Shah
    Is still internship open for B.E last year Mechanical student??
  • Anitha Selvaraj
    Anitha Selvaraj
    Is any internship for cse engineers

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Quote: Tesla's latest vision is one that hopes to makes electric a more viable energy option for everyone. The project, known as 'Tesla Energy', is a battery system aimed to...
Quote: From Star Wars to the Terminator series, robots have awesome abilities—often exceeding those of mere humans. But reality has not caught up with the vision of science fiction writers....
Born and bought up in Gurgaon, Sachin Yadav comes from a middle class family. His father served in the Haryana Police Service as police inspector and mother was a Government...
Hello everyone, Congratulations to all who got admission for CDAC - 2015 August Batch. Afrer seeing a lot of queries about several centers and confusion about their Teaching and Placement...
guys anyone can tell me about the hostel at CDAC pune