Internal process behind the restoring of data in computer

Hi😎
I would like to know the internal process behind the restoring of data in computer..
After deleting everything we can restore it back.how it is done internally??
Thanks

Replies

• Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    When you delete a file, even by Shift + del, the file does not physically get deleted from the hard disk. All that gets deleted is the path to the physical location of the file.

In order to restore this file, a file recovery software is needed. These software look for files that exist on the hard disk but are not referred to by the OS (I think, not sure though).

Even after you've formated your hard disk you can recover your files. However, this may not be possible if you've used low level formatting.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Ya you are right whenever we delete a file the os removes the refering pointer or flag to the file and makes the space available to be used by another file

But if we restore the deleted file before the space is filled up by some other data then, we can again make windows set the flag to 1 which means you have recovered your file

That is why when you click restore the file again is available at the same location where it was previously.

Please correct if I'm wrong.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    This clarify all issues---

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • sunit.soni
    sunit.soni
    mad_scientist
    When you delete a file, even by Shift + del, the file does not physically get deleted from the hard disk. All that gets deleted is the path to the physical location of the file.

In order to restore this file, a file recovery software is needed. These software look for files that exist on the hard disk but are not referred to by the OS (I think, not sure though).

Even after you've formated your hard disk you can recover your files. However, this may not be possible if you've used low level formatting.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    Excuse me but backup don't make our deleted file back..
  • sunit.soni
    sunit.soni
    sarveshgupta
    Ya you are right whenever we delete a file the os removes the refering pointer or flag to the file and makes the space available to be used by another file

But if we restore the deleted file before the space is filled up by some other data then, we can again make windows set the flag to 1 which means you have recovered your file

That is why when you click restore the file again is available at the same location where it was previously.

Please correct if I'm wrong.

nice thing you told .Is it ture Really?
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Hey can we set recovery points...???
    ie if i want then i can recover upto certain date??
  • sunildhimal
    sunildhimal
    Thanks you all for the information.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    goyal420
    Hey can we set recovery points...???
    ie if i want then i can recover upto certain date??

Ya we can set recovery point by using backup & restore application & restore to certain dates. but it doesn't restore your data, its restores the software installed & other os setings. You can take backup to an external drive that will save your data.
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    TO create a System Restore point?

Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore

For Classic Start Menu: Click Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.

Click Create a restore point, and then click Next.

In the Restore point description box, type a name to identify this restore point. System Restore automatically adds to this name the date and time that this Restore Point is created.

To finish creating this restore point, click Create.

You can also launch System Restore window by typing the command below, in the RUN box:

%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Thanks mahesh for this information
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    goyal420
    Thanks mahesh for this information
    check this link
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir / madam, My question is M men agree to purchase a gift for Rs.D. If three men drop out how much more will each have to contribute towards the...
ECIA (Engineering Construction Industry Association) Responds To Today's Trade Union Acceptance Of NAECI Pay Offer We are pleased at today’s news that trade union consultation with the engineering construction workforce...
i am creating a website which need online payement system . i have learned about paypal,ccavenue etc. but i want to build direct payement system . now i want all...
within my start in studying the microprocessor i encountered many doubts that i couldn't really find a good explanation for it so far , would anyone clarifythese lines for me...
When I posted this link to a video, the forum instantly banned me. (The Administrators restored me when I emailed them). It's a video that reminds me of the old...