Interfacing of GPS AND GSM with PIC microcontroller

Hello
i want to interface GPS+GSM with pic uc. I need a basic algorithm for the same.
i want to use this into tracking based projects.

thank you
waiting for the kind reply

Replies

• shahrul
    shahrul
    GPS use UART with NMEA Protocol. Ex #-Link-Snipped-#.
    GSM use UART with AT Command. Ex #-Link-Snipped-#.
    Then, if you want combine that, you need PIC with 2 UART.

You can do your own UART software, but it's also difficult. For better, you need to use dsPIC.
  • Jeemon Joy
    Jeemon Joy
    Excuse me pls..
    i want to do my final year project on GPS navigation...can i know from where to start it..do there any microcontroller ICs having GPS module available in India?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Electrical and/or Electronics engineers can pick up this idea for their final/third year engineering projects. The idea is to develop a smart street light system to cut the electricity usage...
Hey Friends, Today was the toughest and shocking day for me. While I was coming through the main road, a busy one, of my Research Park, I saw almost all...
GUYS I WANT TO KNOW THAT CAN I CONVERT SOUND ENERGY TO ELECTRICAL ENERGY?? IF THIS HAPPEN THEN WE CAN CONVERT ALL THE NEAR US INTO USEFUL ELECTRICAL ENERGY???PLEASE HELP...
Do you know about any foreign/indian universities that offer summer fellowships or internships?
hello, I am new to jmeter. i have downloaded and installed it properly. i gone thorough the documentation and performed the stress testing of my website SureThoughts I have done...