Intel's Core i7 975 Extreme Edition is world's fastest desktop processor

[​IMG]
Surprise, Intel's top of the line 3.33GHz Core i7 975 Extreme Edition is fast. In fact, based on the reviews by Hot Hardware and PC Perspective, among others, this quad-core proc is the fastest desktop processor ever. While it's only 4-5% faster across the board than Intel's previous champ, the Core i7 965, world's fastest is world's fastest, right AMD? Better yet, the CPU is suitable for "significant" overclocking -- HH took it around the benchmark block at 4.1GHz and found only a "small voltage bump" while hitting a 50-degree C max temperature using Intel's stock heat sink. Look for the Core i7 975 to hit retail for a $999 list price which explains why the #-Link-Snipped-# rigs wrapped around the 975 start at $8,000.

#-Link-Snipped-# -- Hot Hardware review
#-Link-Snipped-# -- PCPer reviewFiled under: #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Wed, 03 Jun 2009 04:33:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    If talking about fastest..then why not world's fastest supercomputer to add

Oak Ridge 'Jaguar' World's Fastest Supercomputer
    :-Located at Oak Ridge National Laboratory.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi!!!!! I am trying to do my b.e. Final year project as"speech to text converter".....so i am a bit confused...would anyone tell me something about it....i have no idea where...
Sir, i have got this idea of charging the battery of a cell phone by sound wave. For example, when we speak on the phone the battery tends to get...
This may be not new to everyone, but is just another work experience and is posted by a request from the admin. This was a work done in a fuel...
Anyone here who has mastered the art of the famous microsoft Excel? Probably the most common business tool. I'm trying to create a nested loops, or you can say- trying...
I haven’t been much of a cleantech bull in the past, at least when it comes to venture capital investing. I think it’s a huge market, and there’s clearly a...