Intelligent Vehicular Monitoring Using Multi-Hop Wireless System

ABSTRACT:-

The accurate location of the accident spot is the key for the correct evaluation of a link between road and accident process and for right choice of improvement measures in vehicular monitoring systems.
A Multi-hop based wireless adhoc network of nodes can disseminate critical safety information in alert packets. The nodes can be embedded in vehicles. The alert can be used to trigger emergency responses resources. For example, the network can signal unusual events such as accidents, disabled vehicles or road obstructions to operators in nearby vehicles. When the vehicles are equipped with the wireless nodes, the information can easily be broadcast and propagated along the road until the desired destination service center is reached.
Now this concept is used in vehicular accidents to get a medical emergency assistance. When an accident occurs on a road, this is sensed as an event in both victimized vehicles (source node) and an alert packet is broadcast in response to sensing the event. This alert packet is received by a set of candidate nodes (nearby passing vehicles) within a broadcast range of a source node. Each candidate node infers distance between the candidate node and the source node based on the receive power of received alert packet and determines a priority for rebroadcasting the alert packet, wherein the priority is based on the distance to minimizing a probability of collisions while rebroadcast the alert packet and extend a range of the broadcasting.

โ€‹

Replies

• jaywalker
    jaywalker
    now can anyone disscuss abu the circuit combination of this project
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Can't we use GPS in this?
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    First of all, what an awesome idea!Concept is great but we have to find a transmitter which will stay intact in case of an accident. The next question that arises how do we propose to pin-point the site of the accident? I suggest a Microstrip antenna. The rest will need some more brainstorming. Will get back to you.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    ya of cos we ve to use gps.... to locate the accident ... but the point over here is that the way of transmitting the msg to other vehicles... the idea of using microstrip antenna is good... but we ve to use an transreceiver.... coz the vehicle which is receiving the ve to pass on the signal to other nearby vehicle in case if it doesn't find the base station(hospital,ambulance etc..) near by.... so a combi circuit and programming to do all these....
    ?
    of cos brainstorming is needed........... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    What if there is no other vehicles nearby in range to rebroadcast the packets? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    ash
    What if there is no other vehicles nearby in range to rebroadcast the packets? ๐Ÿ˜›
    Thats why i had suggest to use GPS as it is more reliable. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    godfather
    Thats why i had suggest to use GPS as it is more reliable. ๐Ÿ˜€
    Actually, as jaywalker mentioned, GPS should be used anyway for location aquisition. But thats all that GPS does, it doesn't transmit its own coordinates out. We'd still need to transmit this information out, hence this proposed wireless system.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    arey yaar... it can detect the vehicles in around 200m... so no point in thinking abu no vehicles... ๐Ÿ˜›
    more on we gonna implement it on remote highways...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    jaywalker
    arey yaar... it can detect the vehicles in around 200m... so no point in thinking abu no vehicles... ๐Ÿ˜›
    more on we gonna implement it on remote highways...
    Yes, Then its good !

You just have to find out the Suitable RF Modules. And there are some good options from TI and HOPE RF for Wireless Solutions.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    TI and HOPE RF ?...can u just explain the option of these things
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    jaywalker
    TI and HOPE RF ?...can u just explain the option of these things
    I mean they are manufacturer of RF Modules for wireless communication.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    First of all, we'll have to establish a given frequency at which all the transceivers will be tuned or rather a given freq. band. Logically the transmitter will have to multicast the alert packets. The vehicle which is 'farthest' away in the given transmitting range will send an acknowledgement confirming retransmission to the nearest base station. The signals from a base station like an emergency response center can be differentiated from those from another vehicle by some bit field in the packet format. The rest needs to be developed more. And we can use the Fm antenna in the vehicle for this purpose too. What say?
    @jaywalker- Plz. don't use short from of the words & don't use any other language than English. Better edit your post before catching the moderator's eye.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    hey can u ppl temme how to assign unique ID's to an transmitting nd receiving units.... nd also tellme anything about the collision sensors u know... nd even how can we make use of electrode for collision detection..??
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    jaywalker
    hey can u ppl temme how to assign unique ID's to an transmitting nd receiving units.... nd also tellme anything about the collision sensors u know... nd even how can we make use of electrode for collision detection..??
    For Collision detection i think you can use Ultrasonic Sensor.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    ya ok with ultrasonic sensors... but what about using electrodes for sensing collision... do you know anything about it..?
    and tell me about the assigning of ID's for the transmission units...
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    jaywalker
    ya ok with ultrasonic sensors... but what about using electrodes for sensing collision... do you know anything about it..?
    and tell me about the assigning of ID's for the transmission units...
    Don't know about electrodes. ๐Ÿ˜”
    and for assigning ID..you can use PROTOCOL. it mean you have to program all the device with Unique ID and some RF modules have facility to write address in their register.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    do anyone know about the way of transmitting the gps contents , i mean the gps location from one node to another.... the nodes here are dynamic...........
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    jaywalker
    do anyone know about the way of transmitting the gps contents , i mean the gps location from one node to another.... the nodes here are dynamic...........
    I have one idea..if GPS is connected to your Device(CAR) then take the Data from that module and transmit it to RF module.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    but i think the gps resolution in india is too less.... and moreon is it possible to combine zigbee module and gps module to a single microcontroller?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Yep. If your microcontroller has only one hardware UART, use that for the zigbee and a software UART for the GPS. Watch out for the GPS buffering though! ๐Ÿ˜€

Have you tested GPS in India? 10-15m accuracy should be good enough for this purpose.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    cool.... will try out anyway.fine if u can, tell me about the code program for serial interrupts and external interrupt....?
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    thanks all project is almost done... :-D
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    jaywalker
    thanks all project is almost done... :-D
    Great So now we are looking forward to see the Presentation here mate. please do share.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    sure gonna post all my project details ...sorry for being late.. busy with certain works.
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    jaywalker

If you are gonna implement this on remote highways, i have one question for you?
    What if there are no vehicles in and around 200m range as you said??
    I would also like to add a point why dont you set up these transmission stations along the road, like cell phone towers. In this case using a high power transmitter we can broadcast the details and the location of the accident directly to a nearby Hospital/ambulance or other emergency services.

This is just a thought which came across my mind.
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    no the first preference will be given to hospitals in case hospitals found as soon as accident occured then the message is directly passed to it else via passing by vehicles.. then its a good idea to implement it on road pedestrian lamps, towers.. etc.. we had thought but since we made prototype for our college project work we didn't go for it..thanks for your suggestions bob...
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    then we changed title of project as "Automatic Accident Routing System"(AIRS)... :-D
  • jaywalker
    jaywalker
    sorry it was Automatic "Accident Information Routing System"... ๐Ÿ˜›
  • dheerajkvs
    dheerajkvs
    Yes that is something like i thought..
    Anyways i think that it is better to depend on these lamp posts than passing vehicles as only god knows when the next vehicle is gonna come in that way.
    Going for these towers along the road makes the project more reliable than when depending on passing vehicles.
    Anyways all the best....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A sneak preview of future of gaming! Check it out! [video=youtube;CyCyzB0CedM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyCyzB0CedM[/video]
Do Engineers Go To Parties? Find out in following video - [video=youtube;h0ZgED70FMg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ZgED70FMg&feature=player_embedded[/video]
i had seen in a movie called knight rider in a seen i had noticed that car using gps and map with cars moving and it avoid all the accidents...
Name: YOUNGGRASSHOPPER *Engineering Trade: I am not an Engineer yet and do not have any education as an Engineer. I work in the power distribution industry so I would say...
Can anyone recomend an online educational source (interactive if possable) to fully learn How, Why and Where to use a Digital Multimeter and all its functions. I have a small...