Image classification and detection-project

Hi!
i am planning to do a project on image processing. It deals with input as an image and searches the database for similar images. Itll be similar to tinyeye.com, but will be an offline application. i plan to implement it on Java programming language. i am not able to find the various algorithms related to image search and comparisons. Can anyone help in this regard?? I wish to do it by myself. I am not looking for readymade code.

Thanks!

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Select Image mining and CBIR papers and do some research. It is not easy and you need to select the base paper. Post it here. We will go step by step
  • vigneshvdm
    vigneshvdm
    @rupam

I am doing project on cbir/tbir(text based image retrieval)
    a bag based re-ranking.
    first it will rank based on text then re-rank based on color features
    in my first phase i developed a system that could guess the contents in the image based on the
    color features and other features of image
    now i dont know how to extract text from images, like tiff format images
    i am developing in .net
    i used ocr tools but they are extracting the text into a bitmap
    how to get the text from bitmap image?

p.s: i am your fan and i am in grasshopper network 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi there! Recently we had an experiment regarding diode rectification. we constructed two circuits - one for half wave rectification and another for bridge rectification. For both CKT we used...
CyanogenMod developers have released the stable version of Syanogen Mod 7.1 to public. Download link available at the end of this post. The team released the beta over 60 days...
BSNL is doing something amazing! They've launched a new kind of broadband service in Indian cities like Jaipur, Delhi, Bangalore, Pune, Nagpur, Hyderabad (and many other cities) called FTTH (aka...
We've had similar threads in the past, but I think we can definitely have a round 2.0. Let's collect a list of blogs that we read at least once a...
Lot of CEans would be appearing for the Common Admission Test conducted by Indian Institutes Of Management this year. The CAT is one of the toughest exams for MBA entrance...