IIT-B Engineers Not 'Very Happy' - Oxford Happiness Questionnaire Survey

At the IIT- Bombay campus a survey was conducted that revealed that future engineers in India may not be ‘very happy’.

Over 200 students on campus were given the ‘Oxford happiness questionnaire’, developed by psychologists Michael Argyle and Peter Hills at Oxford University, as a compact scale for measurement of psychological well-being.

According to the survey results, the average score was 3.43.
The female students scored slightly higher than their male counterparts, with an average score of 3.44 versus 3.34.

The inferences that we can draw from these statistics are that there is too much academic pressure, coupled with the necessity of doing well in extra-curricular activities too. What do you think about it?

Via: The Hindu

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It’s just too difficult, they say. Most good engineers will be having a campus-placed job. These engineers are already making serious money. There are also people who are currently working...
An innovative start-up founded by two IIT alumni in the U.S is the latest acquisition of the social networking giant Facebook. Tagtile,(https://tagtile.com/) an e-commerce start-up with a focus on helping...
With the proliferation of IT, and as the field is independent of the academic education, being based on "logic", high salary, and requirement of only scarce commodity i.e. "analytical skills"...
In context of private Indian News channels, I am feeling that these news channels only interested in cricket things, showing a minor political issue to big one and some high...
Hello 😀 I request all the CEans working in some organisation or running their own startups to share their experiences here. Please share about the projects you guys work on,...