IET hits landmark in professional registration with average increase of 50% across al

IET registers more engineers in 2011 than any other professional engineering body

London, 14 September 2011: #-Link-Snipped-#(IET) today announces landmark registration figures for Professional Registration, which recognises proven knowledge, understanding and competence in engineers and technicians. Most notably, the number of #-Link-Snipped-# in 2011 increased by 56 per cent, from the previous year, closely followed by the number of #-Link-Snipped-#, which increased by 53 per cent. #-Link-Snipped-#and #-Link-Snipped-# registrations also increased by 49 per cent and 39 per cent respectively.

These findings mean that the IET has registered more engineers in all categories than any other professional engineering body in 2011. It also shows the realisation among engineers and technicians of the need to highlight their skills and experiences in the current climate, whether it is in relation to career opportunities in an existing organisation or a new role.

Mike Bridgefoot, Manager of Registration and Standards, the IET, comments, “Professional Registration is an important milestone for all engineers and technicians and it’s great to see such growth. Registration establishes their experience and highlights to peers and employers their commitment to professional standards and to developing and enhancing key competences, something which can be a key differentiator.”

Becoming professionally registered provides international and industry recognition of qualifications. It also offers networking opportunities and helps improve self motivation and salary prospects. The IET is licensed by the Engineering Councilto award the professional engineering qualifications defined in the #-Link-Snipped-#.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i am currently in final year so what i can fill "year of degree" in gate form ????? pls suggest as early as possible thank you
If any of you men out there are thinking something else, well try reading this: Broken Morning: OPEN LETTER TO A DELHI BOY
Please help, i have been looking at this area for my fourth year project and am unsure what would be a suitable area to narrow my research into,i have been...
🎉 Wish you loads of success in whatever you attempt and happiness in every route you take. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 🎉 We are proud to have a like you.
After 5 Hour meeting of the council, HRD Minister Kapil Sibal said, "We have decided there shall be one exam. Subject to the clearance of the Central Advisory Board of...