Ideal interview

I know this probably is not the norm, but my last two times interviewing were like this:

(1) I received a call just before lunch, they asked me if I was interested in developing some vxWorks applications. They wanted me to drive over right away, so I showed up in jeans, a golf shirt, and tennis shoes. I left with the job offer.

(2) I received a call asking if I'd consider joining a new team at a company that I previously worked for... It sounded interesting, so I met the hiring manager for lunch wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. Left the lunch meeting with a job offer.

Both of these interviews went about as they could have gone. The key was the hiring company already knew my work and that I'd generate revenue in a very short amount of time. If you make the company at least 10x what they pay in salary, then the typical job interview things go out the window.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and on the contrary, I've seen people getting rejected because they had a point less than the 'criteria' set by the company for hiring. ☕

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

a factory has a total load of 2000kw at a pf of 0.8 lagging,it is desired to improve pf 0.96 lag with the installation of synchronous condenser,what will be total...
Howdy folks! We bring to you - The CrazyEngineers.io App Ideas Contest. Deadline: 10th August, 2016 [Wednesday] - 12:00 PM IST ​ First things first: Q: What is CrazyEngineers.io? A:...
sir plz help me out !!!!!!! i am yearback student in engg.....i need to get placed in companies........so do i get placed??
Born eldest of the four sisters in the family, Vidya Vellala got groomed as a leader from a very young age. Her father called her the 'engine of the rail'....
A drop of water has its own essence in nurturing lives on Earth. The gargantuan Sun is up there to constantly keep an eye on us. Humans, (taking a leap)...