View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.

Ideal interview

I know this probably is not the norm, but my last two times interviewing were like this:

(1) I received a call just before lunch, they asked me if I was interested in developing some vxWorks applications. They wanted me to drive over right away, so I showed up in jeans, a golf shirt, and tennis shoes. I left with the job offer.

(2) I received a call asking if I'd consider joining a new team at a company that I previously worked for... It sounded interesting, so I met the hiring manager for lunch wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. Left the lunch meeting with a job offer.

Both of these interviews went about as they could have gone. The key was the hiring company already knew my work and that I'd generate revenue in a very short amount of time. If you make the company at least 10x what they pay in salary, then the typical job interview things go out the window.
Kaustubh Katdare
Kaustubh Katdare • Aug 7, 2016
...and on the contrary, I've seen people getting rejected because they had a point less than the 'criteria' set by the company for hiring. ☕

Share this content on your social channels -