ICANN Top Level Domains: Indian Applications

ICANN - the organization that is responsible for maintaining and regulating the top level domains (like .com, .net. , .org and so on) had invited applications for the new top level domains. The fee to apply for a new generic top level domain aka gTLD was about $185,000. Here's some interesting information about the Indian companies that applied for new top level domains : -

Domain Extension Company
AIRTEL | Bharti Airtel Limited
BHARTI| Bharti Enterprises (Holding) Private Limited
DABUR| Dabur India Limited
PING| DotPing Inc.
HDFCBANK| HDFC Bank Limited
HDFC | HOUSING DEVELOPMENT FINANCE CORPORATION LIMITED
OOO| INFIBEAM INCORPORATION LIMITED
INFOSYS| Infosys Limited
INFY| Infosys Limited
LUPIN| LUPIN LIMITED
IDN| Nameshop
INDIANS| Reliance Industries Limited
RELIANCE| Reliance Industries Limited
RIL| Reliance Industries Limited
SHRIRAM| Shriram Capital Ltd.
STAR| Star India Private Limited
SBI| STATE BANK OF INDIA
STATEBANK| STATE BANK OF INDIA
TVS| T V SUNDRAM IYENGAR & SONS LIMITED
TATAMOTORS| Tata Motors Ltd
TATA| TATA SONS LIMITED

Now get ready to type recharge.airtel to recharge your airtel or motorcycle.tvs and so on. I wonder whether this will make remembering the relevant websites easier or more difficult. What's your take on this, please?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can you please suggest some electronics and communications engineering projects for final year? I need some original and creative project ideas.
i am a computer science undergraduate student at jimma university Ethiopia i want help from the community to be good programmar and also to be good in computer like technology
Myself Sudip, A Civil Engineer having a B.Tech degree from a Government Engineering Collage of West Bengal, India. Now working in a reputed MNC in the field of Marine design.
would anybody kindly help by providing a IS6996 part 1 . If anybody can , me will be highly oblized . This code is related to water reservour and dams....
Samsung Facebook is the secret project Samsung's software engineers are working on currently. The company plans to announce their own social network sometime in the first quarter of 2013. I've...