IBM Strikes A Deal With abof To Provide 3D Virtual Trial Rooms

Have you ever faced the frustration of waiting for an apparel you ordered from a website a few days ago, just to find that it looks disastrous over you? Many have been annoyed due to the differing weights and measurements of the user and the model depicted, and ultimately they have to press the return button. It's a tough situation for the providers as well, since they have to arrange for the return, while earning nothing. Aditya Birla Group's Aditya Birla Online Fashion Private Limited, abbreviated as abof, which provides attires, footwear and accessories, has found a satisfying solution to this problem.

abof-ibm-1

Striking a deal with multinational technology corporation IBM, fashion portal abof.com has started providing a 3 dimensional virtual model to emulating the feel of a trial room in stores. According to abof's statistics, 20 percent of the total purchases that are made on e-commerce, are returned with ill fits being the most prominent reason for the return. Hence using IBM's framework over abof.com, users can input the physical info like weight, height, waist create their own virtual model and try clothes to see if it looks good over them. The 3D virtual trial solution is provided with the help of Metail.

abof-ibm-3 abof-ibm-2

The deal also helps abof make use of the order fulfilment and customer engagement, and management abilities to track the orders made over the site and also add new items effortlessly with the ease of on demand scalability. It also gives users access to the marvellous search option. Users can search results for their favourite celebrities apparels and trends by searching their name or upload a picture of a shirt an find similar the same with the similar pattern. The site currently delivering in around 500 cities, but has a unique and different approach in the sector.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I completed my sem8 exams in electronics and telecommunication and waiting for result. I want to know that in the meanwhile which course i should join for better job opportunities....
Last week we informed you that there were unconfirmed reports that Twitter will stop counting links and pictures in tweets. Twitter has done better and is planning to make these...
The genesis of smartwatches is back in business. Before Android Wear became the staple there were these guys from Pebble who made the first smartwatch that struck gold on Kickstarter...
After unveiling its smartwatches, Pebble had something new to deliver. It calls its new creation the Pebble Core and we are not sure what category it can be classified into....
Just a few days after launching its first smartphone with fingerprint sensor, Intex Technologies is ready with another fingerprint sensor encased smartphone. The Intex Cloud String HD was launched today...