I want to use laravel framework. My System is installed with apache on port 81. But my laravel application shows the url as 127.0.0.1:8000. It is not working. What will be the solution?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Welcome to CE, #-Link-Snipped-#‍ . I work on Laravel as well and may try to address your question. 

I see that the problem is with your apache port. Normally apache runs on port 80. You will have to configure it to run on 8000 or 80. If you do set it on 8000 then your current url: `127.0.0.1:8000` will work fine. 

Are you using Valet or XAMPP to run Laravel? You should look for Apache port settings. 

Does that help? 

• Anna Parker
    Anna Parker

Yes you need to change it form port 81 to port 80 for it to work fine. 

I use Valet on windows 10 for laravel application. It bit easy I suppose. 

• Suchitra Vipin
    Suchitra Vipin

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ Thank you for the time and reply

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

You're welcome. Did that solution work? 

• Suchitra Vipin
    Suchitra Vipin

#-Link-Snipped-#‍  i changed the port to 8000 and tried  .. But not working.. :(.. Url shows loading only for a long time

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

That looks like a strange problem. Could you tell us a bit about your configuration? 

1. Are you using Valet or Xampp to setup your local server?
    2. Could you add a screenshot of your apache settings? 
    3. Does a normal php file load fine?

You may try with a simple file in the web root directory -

Is there any error being thrown in the Laravel log? Some more information would definitely help fixing this issue. 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have appeared for BE CSE. Looking next for appearing for C CAT exam 2018 June attempt for PG Diploma. Please any one give me idea about preparation for this...
I want C-DAC CCAT papers for preparing for the exam ,please send me the papers with solution.
Guys, my native is rajasthan and we have 20 acre of mehendi farm and cutting it is a labor intense job and cost lot of money due to which it...
i have 60 % aggregate in electronics and communication branch and i suppose i wont able to sit for core companies regarding placement ,my first priority is to get a...