Which companies accept non-CS graduates with 60% aggregate? How to prepare?

i have 60 % aggregate in electronics and communication branch and i suppose i wont able to sit for core companies regarding placement ,my first priority is to get a job so i willing work for IT companies too  so for which IT companies should prepare and how should i prepare? 

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-#‍ - I think with 60% aggregate, you are eligible for lot of IT companies. That's the cut-off percentage for most of the IT companies; and for some it's now increased to 65%. 

Depending upon your location, you'll have to keep an eye on the walk-ins advertised in newspapers or online. 

Preparation steps are straighforward -

1. Start working on the subjects that you learned during your engineering studies. You should be thorough with the basics. You should be able to answer basic questions about compilers, algorithms and have a general awareness about the subjects taught during engineering. 

2. Develop above-average competency in programming language of your choice. If you aren't decided, go for Java or any of the .Net languages. You can do that by building your own projects and contributing to open source projects available on GitHub. Familiarity with Git will be an added advantage.

3. Point #2 will actually be more than enough for the recruiters to recruit you. But good command over English is also necessary to impress the recruiters. You can practise that by answering and asking questions on CrazyEngineers. You'll keep improving every time you write a detailed answer (like this one! ? )

4. Don't aim to get into MNCs in the first go. Any company that is willing to accept you is okay. Get experience for first two-three years and then make a switch. You'll be far ahead of your batchmates, if you do that. 

I hope this helps. All the best! 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Microsoft will be acquiring GitHub, the largest online repository of open source software code. But not everyone thinks the move will be good for the open source community. https://www.designnews.com/design-hardware-software/microsoft-acquisition-github-sparks-debate-on-future-open-source/35644940658868?ADTRK=UBM&elq_mid=4445&elq_cid=1069623
Quote: The world may well be bound for the first of the two futures laid out here—and that’s terrifying. But there is cause for optimism: the second future is not...
https://www.crazyengineers.com/threads/latest