I want to built a "Microcontroller based Tea Maker"

i want to built a microcontroller based automatic Tea Maker.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thats interesting 😀

What do you know of the basic operations of making tea manually?
  • lal
    lal
    Hahaha... That does count!
    If you dont, before starting soldering ask your mom!!!😉
  • sabeng
    sabeng
    ash
    Thats interesting 😀

Making Tea Manually:

Boil (water+tea+sugar)
    Then add milk.

• sabeng
    sabeng
    For this project i wat help about

1.SOLEOID VALVES ()
    2.how to monitor the temperture of liqid continuously
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Good, so we have to do the following actions (just one way of doing it):

1. Pour a certain amount of water in the container.
    2. Heat water until certain temperature and maintain.
    3. Add tea (leaves?), sugar, specific amounts then stir/agitate.
    4. Filter
    5. Add specific amount of milk, then stir/agitate.

Regarding valves, you can check out the ones used in draining washing machines. There are new spare parts available that are actually small in size. Of course, you will need to coat the inner tube with something that will not infect the water, making it safe for consumption.

Temperature can be measured using a simple LM35. Of course, to monitor you'll need to connect it to the microcontroller, which also controls the heating element.
  • sabeng
    sabeng
    ash
    Good, so we have to do the following actions (just one way of doing it):

1. Pour a certain amount of water in the container.
    2. Heat water until certain temperature and maintain.
    3. Add tea (leaves?), sugar, specific amounts then stir/agitate.
    4. Filter
    5. Add specific amount of milk, then stir/agitate.

Regarding valves, you can check out the ones used in draining washing machines. There are new spare parts available that are actually small in size. Of course, you will need to coat the inner tube with something that will not infect the water, making it safe for consumption.

Temperature can be measured using a simple LM35. Of course, to monitor you'll need to connect it to the microcontroller, which also controls the heating element.
    THANKU..
    But i want to make this project cost effective also.

In this projet I want to control the flow of water,tea,sugar and milk through SOLENOID VALVES.Is it possible to control flow off sugar and tea through SOLENID VALVES.

can u tell me your email adress so i send u project diagram
  • Vega
    Vega
    Why don't you start by studying existing tea-makers? That will be a good start.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Why would you add milk?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    MaRo
    Why would you add milk?
    Tea with milk is popular in some cultures, regardless of the health implications 😛
  • lal
    lal
    @sabeng
    What is your progress with the project?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    sabeng
    can u tell me your email adress so i send u project diagram
    Sorry, I missed this line. Well, you can post the diagram here 😀 You can use #-Link-Snipped-#. If you still not sure how to post the image, you can mail it to me with the add in my signature and I'll post it here for you.
  • sabeng
    sabeng
    Vega
    Why don't you start by studying existing tea-makers? That will be a good start.

plz cau u give me the links of existing TEA makers.

can i contolr the flow of SUGAR ???
  • raco_rage
    raco_rage
    can i contolr the flow of SUGAR ???
    You can simply put a circular disc with holes and move it around under each nozzle (of varying sizes to have specific amounts of sugar and tea leaves), which can be easily controlled by the motor speed. Maybe you can have different size of holes if you want a user defined amount of tea and sugar.
  • sabeng
    sabeng
    raco_rage
    You can simply put a circular disc with holes and move it around under each nozzle (of varying sizes to have specific amounts of sugar and tea leaves), which can be easily controlled by the motor speed. Maybe you can have different size of holes if you want a user defined amount of tea and sugar.
    Thanks for reply

What about "ACTUATED BALL VALVES".
  • leebingate
    leebingate
    For this project i wat help about

1.SOLEOID VALVES ()
    2.how to monitor the temperture of liqid continuously

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, I see that the most common confusion with robotics related thread is whether they should be placed in mechanical or electrical/electronics engineering section. Since we have fairly good number...
I had participated in an event that is organized by DCE named firewall it is over now in this event on last level 'We are given login box in order...
Quick Heal CEan of the month February 2010 is... 😁CEan - CivilPrincess😁 ​ CEan CivilPrincess joined CE in July 2009 and has been an exceptional contributor to CE forums. Passionate...
Official Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/32775-quick-heal-cean-month-february-2010-a.html Congratulations, CivilPrincess! Keep Rocking!
can we generate electricity which the heat dissipated from shockobsorber ?😕